GDT: GM 6 - 1/31/13 New York Islanders at Your New Jersey Devils - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Agreed, and I think they will suck this year still. They were good the first couple weeks the last two years too I think. Just wait until they can't play Nabokov every game. Once trash can Rick has to start playing games they'll be in some trouble.

They're literally the most undeserving team ever

Oroku Saki*

Losing to the Isles stings. We need all the points we can get. Especially interdivisional ones.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Marty was weird, the defense had a lot of giveaways. There's your problem. 4 goals should be enough to win most nights, not this one.

Kovy, Elias, zubrus need to step it up offensively. Kovy especially has been solid, but not dynamic like we need him to be.

And the lines need to solidify a bit, which I think they will now. That should go a long way towards fixing some of the problems

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Forget about Brodeur, he'll have games like these. The most concerning thing is the penalty kill. There is no dog when they kill penalties. It's lose the faceoff, hope the other team makes a mistake.
Our PK hasn't been bad though man. I don't know why you say this. The only team we've given up 5 on 4 goals to this season was 3 to the Isles. We couldn't kill off the 4 on 3 against the Habs or this one. Those ones are much harder to kill off. And then a 5 on 3 against the Caps.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
From watching this team over the years, If their is anything i've learned from Marty Brodeur is that, whenever he has a bad game, he usually bounces back strong the next game.

i don't think he was bad....he wasn't spectacular by any stretch but the goals were all solid goals

like to see the refs stay out of these games...in a few of these games they have had major impacts on marginal calls...not what hockey is about ...there are 48 games so the refs have to let these guys play a little. no excuse for 3 pp goals against but that last call was soft at best

apice3*

weve gotten 75% of the possible amount of points. Over the course of a full 82 game season, thats 121 points. To put it into perspective. The team has room for improvement but its good to know we can improve an already good team. We will be fine.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
our pk killed up tonight. not only does Pete need to work on the PK and PP but he needs to sit the boys down anf make them watch the 3rd lines forecheck.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Out of this game I shall take out the following:
-We came back 3 times
-4 different players scored
-Bernier/Carter/Gionta/Anderson played well (6 points all together).

Blaming Larsson for the goal is insane, he accidentally tipped it, it happens. Anybody complaining and Marty need to suck it up. Larsson played well.

apice3*

PK was bad tonight but stuff like that happens. Its not the 89% kill it was last year, but half of the PK goals given up have come with 3 guys on the ice. Instead of blaming the PK, blame the idiots putting them on the PK.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still think we need forward help pretty badly. While the fish sticks have been scoring a lot of goals they've also been giving up a lot of goals too.

We should be better with having a steady first line for the first time this season starting now. Help is on the way with Henrique now. And his hands are as good as new.

apice3*

larsson was solid tonight. Dont see the need to focus on one lame deflection. He set the first goal we scored up despite what the stat sheet says

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
I'm okay with where we're at. You don't wanna peak too early. I think I might start to get pretty ticked off if we lose our next game, but the fact that we're improving while still picking up points isn't something to be upset about.

I think a lot of players gained confidence tonight, like Gio, Carter, and Bernier. Even Anderson. We just got Henrique back (and of course, that magnificent son of a b scores) and when Kovalchuk turns on (which he will), watch out.

I know we're not undefeated or anything, but I just don't...feel that sense of panic right now. Talk to me in ten games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kovy has been playing with guys who have no business on his line. Tedenby? Not an NHL player. Matteau? Not an NHL player yet. Josefson? Not a first liner. The fact we've been rolling with these guys on Kovy's line is a joke in itself.

I say mandatory PP practice is what we need tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad