GDT: Gm 58 Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres | 2/26/14 | 730P ET | NBCSN, TSN | 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
As brutal as that last goal was, I don't know how people think it was one of the worst games all season. Bruins were absolute monsters offensively for most of that game. Defensively they need to get back to speed and Ocho was awful in net, but it wasn't that bad of a game. If it wasn't Buffalo, nobody would be complaining nearly as much.

I agree if Tuukka was playing we win easy

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That last goal was a bad one to give up by Johnson. You have to make that stop. Chara was doing what he could without putting the team on a 4 on 3. Not sure how he was lazy there. Just a stupid pass by Loui and the failure by the goalie to stop a pretty easy shot to stop.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
It's absolutely ridiculous you're defending that.

He saw the puck and skated to it as if it were a PP with no forecheck. Yes, the pass was bad but the goal should have and could have been prevented by Chara.

Don't know if this is a devil's advocate thing or just a "I always defend my favorite player" thing, but there isn't any defending on Chara on that play. He blew it. End of story.

Classic charlie foxtrot.

Been a few this year.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
When Johnson is in his groove he's a pretty decent back-up

When he is off his game he is equal parts statute serve

Of well....come home, put in Tuukka and try to reignite the pre-Olympic style of play

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Loui made a pass that turns into a scoring chance only if Chara quits giving a **** (which should be about 0.00001% of the time). Chara quits giving a ****, which is a scoring chance every time. Let's blame the former more.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Bruins looked like the Bruins for maybe half of the game total.

Johnson when he's on looks steady. When he's not, he just looks like he doesn't care. Yes, he's a stay at home goalie, but if your reflexes aren't Lundqvist like you have to be a little more aggressive.

Chara...I've always complained about this part of his game, but no one ever wants to talk about it. He looks "indifferent" sometimes to offense. He's very slow and casual sometimes about starting or restarting offensive possessions. He played pretty well tonight, so I don't want to make him the goat, but the way he gets casual sometimes sucks. The guy is a workout hound, but still has his moments where he looks like he's going about half speed, not out of fatigue, but out of a little bit of laziness.

That's just his style, it may come across as effortless but it isn't actual a lack of effort. He's just that good and experienced. Bruins should have won this easily, Buffalo was gifted a lot early on by the stripes. Bruins played well after a poor start and could have had the 2. Johnson back to his norm after a period of great play. Next game we'll win!

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
That was just terrible.

Tuukka has got to be reeling back in Boston. He would have had at LEAST three of those goals. Sheesh, I think Johnson was still at the beach or something..

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Loui made a pass that turns into a scoring chance only if Chara quits giving a **** (which should be about 0.00001% of the time). Chara quits giving a ****, which is a scoring chance every time. Let's blame the former more.

Z is starting to look old :help::help:

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
At least the Habs lost in OT...makes me feel a bit better.
Did you see the goal? Subban gets a penalty then loses his man that results in the winning goal!

Johnson looked atrocious and it was a total Phaneuf-like (hehe - 'Phaneufed') breakdown that led to the OT goal in that game.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I was doing my best Jack Edwards stating to my dad "this will be the first game we win when down by 2"... Lo and Behold...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad