GDT: Gm 58 Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres | 2/26/14 | 730P ET | NBCSN, TSN | 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So yeah Johnson was atrocious and the last goal was a joke, but Chara totally gave up on that play.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The Bruins looked like the Bruins for maybe half of the game total.

Johnson when he's on looks steady. When he's not, he just looks like he doesn't care. Yes, he's a stay at home goalie, but if your reflexes aren't Lundqvist like you have to be a little more aggressive.

Chara...I've always complained about this part of his game, but no one ever wants to talk about it. He looks "indifferent" sometimes to offense. He's very slow and casual sometimes about starting or restarting offensive possessions. He played pretty well tonight, so I don't want to make him the goat, but the way he gets casual sometimes sucks. The guy is a workout hound, but still has his moments where he looks like he's going about half speed, not out of fatigue, but out of a little bit of laziness.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Seriously. If that was a defender not named Chara, I guarantee he would be sitting next game.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Watch Montreal take two points out of a game they seemingly haven't been in.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
that's 100% on Chara. He was skating back to get the puck like they were on a PP or something.. totally didn't see the forechecking coming.

Well.. not 100% on chara.. more like 50% chara, 35% Johnson and 15% Loui

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Don't get me wrong. He's been good this season.

But tonight he was flat-out atrocious. I don't think he made one tough save and he blew every opportunity the Sabres had.

The Bruins played more than well enough to win that one handily. Disappointed.

I'd have no issue if we cut him tomorrow. He hasn't been that good. Just acceptable with a great team in front of him.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
As brutal as that last goal was, I don't know how people think it was one of the worst games all season. Bruins were absolute monsters offensively for most of that game. Defensively they need to get back to speed and Ocho was awful in net, but it wasn't that bad of a game. If it wasn't Buffalo, nobody would be complaining nearly as much.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
Not a great pass but that's all on Chara and to blame Loui isn't fair. Also Johnson was a sieve all night.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I'd have no issue if we cut him tomorrow. He hasn't been that good. Just acceptable with a great team in front of him.

I can't really argue against this. He's been a backup goaltender. And not decidedly better than most we could throw in there.

I will say though, that I haven't really had anything to complain about with him all season.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Chara lost sight of the puck after a stupid pass on a covered point man. You telling me that was a smart pass?

Then Chara let him push a soft backhander right in front of him, and it trickled into the net. Chara bailed.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Chara lost sight of the puck after a stupid pass on a covered point man. You telling me that was a smart pass?

Not a smart pass but an ECHL defenseman would have been able to catch up to the play. Chara's terrible foot speed and lack of effort was exposed there.

SmBoston

Dec 8, 2013
Bridgewater
As brutal as that last goal was, I don't know how people think it was one of the worst games all season. Bruins were absolute monsters offensively for most of that game. Defensively they need to get back to speed and Ocho was awful in net, but it wasn't that bad of a game. If it wasn't Buffalo, nobody would be complaining nearly as much.

If this is towards my post your right, im over reacting because it is against the worst team in the league lol!

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I can't really argue against this. He's been a backup goaltender. And not decidedly better than most we could throw in there.

I will say though, that I haven't really had anything to complain about with him all season.
The team USUALLY plays stronger in front of him than in front of Rask.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

It's absolutely ridiculous you're defending that.

He saw the puck and skated to it as if it were a PP with no forecheck. Yes, the pass was bad but the goal should have and could have been prevented by Chara.

Don't know if this is a devil's advocate thing or just a "I always defend my favorite player" thing, but there isn't any defending on Chara on that play. He blew it. End of story.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I hate beating up on the goalie in the majority of instances... but...

Chad Johnson was absolute steaming hot garbage.

I mean I get the team is gonna be rusty. The passing was abysmal most of the game, but ******* you gotta make some of those stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad