GDT: Gm 54 Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins | 2/1/14 | 1P ET | NESN (HD) | 98.5 FM

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Sucked losing Andrew, but its nice to see him come back to Boston.

Last memory I have from him was his top shelf corner shot for a goal last season against the Caps.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Love Andy, hopefully he gets the love he deserve, and as said before I better not hear a boo ;)

member 96824

Love Andy...my favorite Bruin after Savvy.

Hopefully the idiots don't boo him...but I mean, they jeered Thomas so unfortunately it's something we have to even think about.

Andy is the type of guy you want your kids to grow up to be.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Love Andy...my favorite Bruin after Savvy.

Hopefully the idiots don't boo him...but I mean, they jeered Thomas so unfortunately it's something we have to even think about.

Andy is the type of guy you want your kids to grow up to be.

Thomas was welcomed and cheered when he returned. But to ask a hockey crowd not to give any goalie a hard time after he lets in a half-dozen goals is well nigh impossible; it doesn't matter who it is. Thomas knows that, and I'm sure he didn't let it bother him. And if he appears in any drinking/dining establishment in Boston I have no doubt he'll receive a rousing welcome and won't have to buy anything.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
And if he appears in any drinking/dining establishment in Boston I have no doubt he'll receive a rousing welcome and won't have to buy anything.

TT doesn't seem like the type of guy to want handouts, just a hunch ;)

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
There were actual reasons for Seguin and Thomas getting booed, you don't have to agree with them (I don't) but they exist. I can't believe we're at the point where there are preemptive complaints about booing, Ference was always beloved and left under positive circumstances. I highly, highly doubt he's getting booed. I do find all this fuss over booing a little much in general. It's booing at pro sports, it happens.

Last edited:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

There were actual reasons for Seguin and Thomas getting booed, you don't have to agree with them (I don't) but they exist. I can't believe we're at the point where there are preemptive complaints about booing, Ference was always beloved and left under positive circumstances. I highly, highly doubt he's getting booed. I do find all this fuss over booing a little much in general. It's booing at pro sports, it happens.

Why did Seguin or Thomas deserve to get boo'ed? Seguin had a bad playoffs and partied too much. Young and immature but who cares.

Thomas used his free will to make some comments, media had a field day with it to vilify him and he wanted to take a year off. Tuukka did pretty damn well in his absence same with Dobby.

People should get over it.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Honestly expecting Ference to get boo'd. I ****ing hate our fans.

He won't get booed. You crazy?

Guy will be remembered as a winner and someone who never said a bad word about the fans or organization on the way out. He will get a serious ovation.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Thank you, SOM, this GDT helps me forget about last eve's debacle.
:shakehead

I will also be going to this game. I am not ashamed to admit that when it came time to divvy up the games with my two fellow STH'ers, this was the first game I grabbed. :thumbu:

Love Andy and will be standing with the rest of the Garden faithful thanking him for his years as a member of the Bruins. :clap::stanley:

I did the same. First pick. Cant wait to give him a standing ovation!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Honestly expecting Ference to get boo'd. I ****ing hate our fans.

I am one of those fans as many here are. I expect Andy to get a very nice welcome.

Anyone who boos him near me will get slapped.

The B's really like Andy. He is very respected and well liked. I believe Bergy is a good friend of his. I really miss seeing Andy . I would love to see him return to Boston someday to work for the B's.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Andrew Ference Day falls on 2/1.

Even the NHL schedulers know he was born to be a Bruin.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Booing is not a possibility at all. To equate this game to the returns of Thomas or Seguin is idiotic. There is 0% chance of hearing boo's. i expect a loooooooonnnnnngggggg standong o.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ference was a good Bruin for several years, his contributions are appreciated, but man, people around here act like he's Christ incarnate.

Tell ya what, IF you ever play for the Bruins, are often the first to back up a teammate if need be by dropping the mitts AND, are playing in a jam packed Bell Center, score, then give the finger to the entire 20,000 in the barn.....I`ll show ya the same respect:sarcasm:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Wearing my #21 Alternate Captain custom jersey tonight. Going to a Boston sports pub. Perfect day for a matinee game.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Ference was a good Bruin for several years, his contributions are appreciated, but man, people around here act like he's Christ incarnate.

Says the guy with the Phil Kessel Avatar. If anyone gets God status from Bruins fans its PK (currently replaced by Seguin) not Andy. Andy is respected for his leadership, backing up teammates no matter how big the opponent, being part of the only cup winning team in my lifetime, and just being a really good guy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Says the guy with the Phil Kessel Avatar. If anyone gets God status from Bruins fans its PK (currently replaced by Seguin) not Andy. Andy is respected for his leadership, backing up teammates no matter how big the opponent, being part of the only cup winning team in my lifetime, and just being a really good guy.

Andy really wanted to stay in Boston. He "understood" why the B's couldn't keep him and behaved with much class about leaving.

Edmonton got a good one.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
OMG all these shirtless pics of Ferrence just have me all flustered. Love this man. Sexiest man in the NHL bar none. Awesome GDT!

But...as much as I love me some Andy, let's go boys, get your heads out of your butts and go back to playing Bruins hockey today please!!!!

member 96824

Thomas left to be with his family, Seguin tried to stay by signing a cap friendly long term extension.

Ference left for more money with another team.

I'm not saying it's right. They'll justify it with things like "he's not a Bruin anymore, he's on the other team!" Some people quite frankly just don't get it...

Anyways, I miss Ference very much on this team...looking forward to seeing him back here, even if he didn't respond to me asking him to grab a beer:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad