Post-Game Talk: [GM 51] Vancouver Canucks lose to New York Rangers | 3-4 | Garland, Podkolzin, & Pettersson

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks playing another Metropolitan Division foe desperate for points. That's the problem at this time of the year.

Teams are starting to up the intensity to gear up for the playoff grind. The Canucks meantime are dabbling with roster decisions and playing out a string. This one might get away from them.

Apparently Tocchet has decided to ride Delia between the pipes for awhile. Not looking good for Martin, who couldn't grasp the starter's baton when Demko went down.
The Met division is one of the toughest in the league..Might not be the first time a Pacific team in garbage time with no pressure wins the game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The Met division is one of the toughest in the league..Might not be the first time a Pacific team in garbage time with no pressure wins the game.
It's not even pressure vs no pressure. Or at least it goes well beyond that. Team performance is highly fluctional even for the best teams. Bad teams go on winning streaks. Good teams go on losing streaks. Even the worst teams in the league are going to win 25 of their 82 games. Some of those are going to be against good teams.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Shoot high and be rewarded. In fact just shoot and grab the rebound in the slot if that isnt an option. No offense to Martin the person the battler to get where he is but he's one of the all time worst Canuck starters i can remember. Him and Stillman are Tank commander captain and Tank commander Lieutenant.

Delia has been what you expect from a 3rd stringer Martin i dont know what to say he is anymore but you cant expect to bring him back next year unless the goal is to lose again which in fact probably is the best option so maybe?

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
4 to 5 goals against, is our average, let's see if we can keep it up.
I was laughing a bit listening to the latest vancast as they waxed poetic of how the canucks played well etc etc.

I was simply like...they gave up 5 goals. That isn't good no matter what.

Last edited:
Reactions: me2 and timw33

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
I was laughing a bit listening to the latest vancast as they waxed poetic of how the canucks played well etc etc.

I was simply like...they gave up 5 goals. That isn't good not matter what.
Yepp,that's the trend now for this team.Its a highlight waiting for Myers,to give the puck away,and watch it become a goal against every game.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Not feeling good about our chances in this back to back set.

NYI are going to be especially motivated to grab 2 points.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Delia with a .893 has been one of the better goalies in the league this year according to Woodley’s tracking data.

Our defense is so bad lmao
Lol im pretty sure he had a game in january where depite letting in like 5 or 6 he still had a positive GSAA.

Reactions: Nucker101

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Delia with a .893 has been one of the better goalies in the league this year according to Woodley’s tracking data.

Our defense is so bad lmao
He's simply avoided the bad goal. Might not make the amount of hard saves you want a legit NHL starter to make but he's making the saves he should and that's all you can ask for. It also illustrates how if you have built the team properly wrt the 18 skaters in front of the goaltender, you can get by with an average or journeyman starter. It's what makes it possible to entertain the possibility of moving Demko if you feel you can fix the blueline etc in the next 18 months.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Exactly why I hate the “goaltending is holding this team back” narrative.
Its part of the but narrative

But Bennings core is still here
But goaltending
But the star players
But who could have seen...

Reactions: Nucker101

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Nothing Tocchet has done has changed anything yet.
There is a lot of extremes being thrown out there about the "new" whatever Tocchet has done.

Seriously?

If there has already been a change then why do they still need to score 5 goals to win?

Four games, two vs bottom, real bottom feeders and one vs NJD and Tocchet has made a difference?

Whatever, the team has won the last season or two make ups, they had their number.

NYR are in a death fight for a playoffs spot.

The Rangers win this walking away.

Vancouver will show effort with so many AHLer's playing for all they are worth and vets auditioning for other teams.

The Canucks still need to score 5 goals to win but the Rangers are the second lowest GA in the league so...

And then along come Trouba, hard hitting Trouba. Who wants to get smoked for this team? Lots of dumping in.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Nothing Tocchet has done has changed anything yet.
There is a lot of extremes being thrown out there about the "new" whatever Tocchet has done.

Seriously?

If there has already been a change then why do they still need to score 5 goals to win?

Four games, two vs bottom, real bottom feeders and one vs NJD and Tocchet has made a difference?

Whatever, the team has won the last season or two make ups, they had their number.

NYR are in a death fight for a playoffs spot.

The Rangers win this walking away.

Vancouver will show effort with so many AHLer's playing for all they are worth and vets auditioning for other teams.
Again, good desperate teams dont always beat inferior teams who are playing without pressure.

I said in the last game that NJD would beat the Canucks with relative ease...didnt happen.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Again, good desperate teams dont always beat inferior teams who are playing without pressure.

I said in the last game that NJD would beat the Canucks with relative ease...didnt happen.
Like I posted about that game, NJD are young and after those 3 quick goals took Vancouver for granted, they backed off considerably letting the Nux back in, Rangers will not IMO.

Many Canuck players are playing for jobs or to be traded. Some may be playing against their next team so effort will be there.

Reactions: me2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad