Post-Game Talk: [GM 50] Canucks lose to Devils in OT| 4-5 | Kuzmenko, Schenn, Lazar, Di Giuseppe

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I generally stay pretty positive even with a bag on my head but this past off season my biggest reasons this season might go south were....If Demko got hurt... check. If Myers Schenn and OEL regressed.... check, if they failed to play within a system.... check and if they didnt address the lack of middle six support players that fit...check.

About the only things that went good are Kuzmenko and Peteys magic and Horvat's scoring. But even then the Horvat thing came at a price.

Martin has been epically bad...like MS said all time for any length of time
Poolman Dermott being out just added to the aging mess of the 3 i mentioned. And good on Schenn for doing as good as he has but he's still a depth guy on a playoff team
Bruce shit the bed early and never recovered. Spin the wheel became his answer for the lines
Pearson Podkolzin and the 3C experiment falling apart crushed any hopes of being a deep competitive team.

Oh well get Boeser on PP1 and pad those numbers baby.....some highlights of Petey setting him up for one timers in the bumper would be good for selling IMO.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
It'd be nice if Beauvillier built some chemistry with Petey and then got flipped to a contender at the deadline. But I'm assuming the odds of that actually happening are very slim.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Without Bo they're going to loose so many more faceoffs now, especially key faceoffs in their own zone, which will probably easily hurt them allowing the opposition more scoring chances. Bring on the tank!

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Actually things have gone epically wrong this season, which is better than us just missing the playoffs. Major injuries alone were going to make us unlikely to get in. Martin playing bad might make the difference between us ending up 10th vs 5th in the lottery. Its a year to go all in on getting draft picks.

And it would be interesting to find out what NJ would give up to get Quinn. Don't think there is any scenario that would make sense to both sides.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As a test tonight when you are watching:

You are a pro hockey scout and have been in the same organization for 14 years. Because of how your team operates in terms of cross-scouting, you have never seen a Vancouver Canucks game or know anything about any of their players. You have been tasked specifically with watching their third line. You also have a condition similar to colour blindness, however instead of being blind to colour you are blind to age.

The only information is these bio notes which each correspond to a player:

-One player is a career minor-leaguer getting his first prolonged NHL action this season and has been underwhelming in that role
-One player is the 4th highest paid player on the team and former Calder finalist
-One is the top prospect/U21 in the organization

After watching the game, will it be easy to connect the correct player to their bio notes?

I have my doubts.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Now that locker room cancer Horvat is gone, true leadership can thrive! We'll see a renewed energy with this and the new Coach Toccket whose good systems will trump any lack of FO % losses felt with our ex-tratior / captain gone! The surge is coming baby! Back to 15th overall and again it will be that rat Horvat's fault by proxy for allowing this team to grow, and grow fast without his terrible leadership consistantly rotting the oars to which they all paddled!

Onward and upward to midling picks! Thanks alot Horvat you ruin it all and still will !

1675721416621.png

/sarcasm

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Any word on what our PP1 looks like? They should put a strong left shot into Bo’s bumper position but I think they’ll go Boeser.
I’d like to see Miller try the bumper and have Boeser take the left wall so we have two shot threats along with Petey.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Any word on what our PP1 looks like? They should put a strong left shot into Bo’s bumper position but I think they’ll go Boeser.
I’d like to see Miller try the bumper and have Boeser take the left wall so we have two shot threats along with Petey.
Probably will be Boeser..Didnt Boudreau try Podz there ..?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

In practice they ran Beau on the first unit yesterday.

The thought (according to IMac) was that they didn't want to disrupt everything by moving a RH shot like Boeser onto the unit because they would have to move a bunch of people around.

Personally, I think you have to find a way to get Boeser onto that unit short-term to try to spike his value and I don't really care how you do it (to a point, at least).

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm going to wait to see a 10 game sample from Beauvillier. I tend to be too optimistic early on only to have to walk it back later. There is a gradation of possibilities as I see it:
1. true cap dump that is really an overpriced third line winger waiting for the contract to end (i.e. an even higher priced Pearson)
2. a player that could return an asset in a trade or be one of the higher priced wingers retained.
3. with a fresh start, becomes a key contributor that earns his contract plus.

It will be somewhere in the middle. Will it be closer to 1 or 3...?

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
He’s getting scratched.
This is wild to me.

If the guy was ever going to get an extended shot, wouldn't this be it? Why bring up an aman or even pods while things are going well instead of getting a good look at him over 10-15 games

flip side: who do you send back to carry playoff bound Abbottsford down the stretch and who do you keep around on the bench for a team that is done for the year to play every 4th game?
If one of them has any trade value what so ever, you keep the other one

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Hopefully Petey gained some confidence from winning hardest shot. 1 PP goal for him is not nearly enough. With Bo gone he’ll need to be more of a trigger man anyway.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Wonder how the PP will look without Horvat. He's the correct handedness to receive Miller passes from the half-wall for bumper one timers, but Boeser/Kuzmenko are both righties. Maybe Miller switches to that spot and Kuzmenko plays the left half-wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad