Post-Game Talk: [GM 50] Canucks lose to Devils in OT| 4-5 | Kuzmenko, Schenn, Lazar, Di Giuseppe

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I’ll be honest one potential penalty neither took away nor created a scoring chance. It didn’t even cause a change in possession (OEL caused the change in possession all on his own). The other one did. I understand the calls of BS but those were pretty normal non-call and call to make in OT. Just the Canucks we’re on the wrong end of them.

That said…Myers had two chances to clear the puck. On the face off win he put it up the boards with what was basically a pass to Hamilton. Later he holds onto it and gets outnumbered on the boards. Horrible PKer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Was the 3rdDevils goal not offside?
Want to be told youll lose next game for asking Buttmans NHL a f..in joke that needs us teams to win because ambulance chasing buttboy just had his fav go bankrupt wwe level crap

Reactions: Nomobo

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Miller was actually very good tonight. Stepped up with no Bo.

The PP was a mess, though. I think they changed it a little too much as no one had any idea what to do.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Man, huge initial save by Markstrom there

Not great from Zadorov and Mangiapane but they were gassed

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Canucks battled.

things I like from coaching staff:

1. They try Kuzmenko on the half boards on the pp. He's more dependable than Miller and Miller in front of the net is a role that he used to play before coming to Van.

2. They elevated Joshua up the lineup. Something I've been saying for a while Joshua has better hands/hockey sense than your typical 4th liner. His size creates space in the top 6.

3. Quickly identified Boeser as part of the problem and his icetime is reduced.

4. I expect Garland to finish the year strong now that he has a coach who had success with him.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I rag on OEL as much as anyone, but in his defense - they were all dead tired. They got absolutely boned by that no call on the hook on Miller that caused them to lose possession.

Yeah, that's true.

I still think you have to do a better job of recycling possession there though - lots of teams have managed to figure that out though. Definitely should have been a call on that hook.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Canucks battled.

things I like from coaching staff:

1. They try Kuzmenko on the half boards on the pp. He's more dependable than Miller and Miller in front of the net is a role that he used to play before coming to Van.

2. They elevated Joshua up the lineup. Something I've been saying for a while Joshua has better hands/hockey sense than your typical 4th liner. His size creates space in the top 6.

3. Quickly identified Boeser as part of the problem and his icetime is reduced.

4. I expect Garland to finish the year strong now that he has a coach who had success with him.
#3 is the biggest point and it only took 2 games.

Reactions: Indiana and MS

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
Honestly I don't wanna sound like a big whiner or anything but how significant the powerplay is to success in this sport relative to something like yard gains/losses in football makes hockey so much more unappealing to me. Not even a matter of getting or not getting calls, I just don't like the existence of the PP quite frankly
Agreed...but even worse is the penalty shot in soccer when a guy is barely touched near the side of the penalty area and the game ends up 1-0 after the penalty shot (or is that 1 -nil!)

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad