Post-Game Talk: GM 5: Canucks def. Wings - 5-1 (Millerx2, Edler, Pettersson, Stecher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
J.T Miller is getting the ice time and he is performing from it. He couldn't get as much ice time in Tampa with their forward core.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Still not firing on all cylinders with Horvat and Ferland still having to get going. Once Horvat heats up this team is going to be a handful. Will be fun to see how they do against the Blues.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
J.T Miller is getting the ice time and he is performing from it. He couldn't get as much ice time in Tampa with their forward core.

He did in his first year with Tampa after the deadline deal while playing with Stamkos and Kucherov and put up near-PPG. I think he might have a 60+ point year if the 1st line stays healthy

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good performance although not quite as good as the score. Had some soft calls in our favour and were clinical on the PP. Did like how heavy we played, legit pushed Detroit around.

Detroit is baaaaaaad. Good young top line surrounded by a bunch of garbage that would look bad as an expansion roster. Biega walked in and looked like their best defender.

- Pettersson and Boeser scored 3 points but weren’t overwhelmingly good. That said, good to see them racking up points without really playing well. Miller does so much good stuff and was really the engine there.

- Horvat officially struggling. Pearson continues to play well next to him ... but wow does Ferland look awful. Can’t skate, no motor, not involved physically. Has been a liability so far.

- Virtanen played a decent game in fits and starts. Made a really nice play defensively and then to turn the play forward on the opening goal ... when you see how easy he made that play look the stretches of uselessness get even more frustrating.

- Sutter was huge on the 5-on-3 PK. Full marks for his effort there.

- 4th line had their best game in ... I don’t know when. Probably the best performance from a line centered by Beagle since he’s been here. Schaller was legitimately good tonight.

- Myers-Edler were a mess on the opening shift/goal but strong from there. Not sure if it’s good or bad when Edler’s iffy shot selection on the PP works so well.

- Hughes-Tanev were excellent. Tanev was a beast defensively tonight and Hughes transitioned the puck extremely well.

- nice to see Stecher score and he played a bit better. Benn is ... bleh. Already tiring of him.

- Demko didn’t have to be great but was solid.

Big win given how the schedule toughens up now.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
When this team gets going and starts firing on all cylinders WATCH THE F OUT.

Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser are all playing at 50%. Ferkland will get better too.

just an extremely solid well built roster from top to bottom. Playoffs are GUARANTEED. Calling it right now.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
- 4th line had their best game in ... I don’t know when. Probably the best performance from a line centered by Beagle since he’s been here. Schaller was legitimately good tonight.
They were rustling jimmies all over the place and it gave the other lines more room to move around. Just beautiful.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Ferland seems a little redundant at the moment but I'm willing to give it time. I feel like it's a luxury to do so given the other acquisitions, Miller and Myers, are playing so well.

By the way, for anyone who doesnt have them blocked, what are y2k and Johnny canucker desperately complaining about tonight?

Pro tip, this place is very tolerable when you put the trolls on your ignore list.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Loving the last minute cheap tickets. I’m gonna continue to take advantage cause it won’t last forever.

Ferland looks like his confidence is shot. He’s losing easy passes and bobbling the puck. He needs to have one go in off his leg or something. But I like how he finishes his checks at least. I also noticed he took a shift with Brock and Petey when the game got chippy...

The 4th line was what a 4th line should be. Motte brings much needed energy. Schaller playing for his spot. Still not sold on Gaudette sitting in the press box but I guess an injury is inevitable.

Sutter with a great night on the PK. He did a solid job not overreacting on the 5on3, closing down the middle, then using his energy to get a clear.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad