Post-Game Talk: GM 49 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Columbus Blue Jackets | 5-2 | Pettersson(2), Hughes, Mikheyev, & Joshua

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
The most likely scenario is they are sending him down now because it's one of the least likely times for a player to be claimed and opens a roster spot if they can finalize a trade between now and the next game.
Now that I think about it I assume they just want to let him play games during the All Star break.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Now that I think about it I assume they just want to let him play games during the All Star break.

It probably also clears a few dollars in cap space to be running under for the next 10 days or so. Doesn't save any real money because he's on a one-way.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I watched the Flames/CBJ game the other night (Flames won in OT) and CBJ didn't look bad at all..

You have to wonder at this point, where the Canucks players heads are at..?.....They quit on their last coach, quit on each other , are not making the playoffs.. and are now waiting for the inevitable ramifications of all those things.

Hopefully Delia starts tonight, at least it should make the game interesting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I want Jones to start. He's been the unsung hero for the tank.

Martin?

---------

The Pederson part of Tocchet's interview this morning was pretty funny. They asked him why he was on the line with EP and he basically said "someone told me he played well there a couple weeks ago or something".

Not sure I've seen an answer like that before from a coach, albeit I get it given the situation.

andyJH

Dec 28, 2005
canuck-v-blue-jacket-tank.gif

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Goals, goals, goals.

Kuz, Petey, Bo - maybe for the last time. Win or lose, score some goals before we say sayonara for the next few days.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad