Post-Game Talk: GM 47 | Oilers def. Canucks - 4-1 (Boeser)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: May 4, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

1232677035_slide.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Horvat - Lind
Hoglander - Miller - Boeser
Hawyrluk - Graovac - Vesey
Highmore - Boyd - MacEwen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Juolevi

Demko

MODERATOR NOTICE:

With allegations swirling on social media about certain players, please remember our Site Rules - posting defamatory information without a link to a credible media source is not permitted.

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

MOD WARNING:
A reminder to everyone that blanketed attacks at groups of people are Flaming, and are not permitted as per the Site Rules. So posts such as "all Benning supporters are idiots", "all Benning haters are children", "this board is petulant", etc. will be treated as Flaming. Please adhere to the Site Rules. If anyone wishes to read them, they can be found here: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Kind of want to see McDavid start getting hat tricks against us. Would be absolutely hilarious to see him snatch the rocket from Matthews at the last minute and watch Toronto fans melt down over it.

Status of prediction of 3-4 wins in last 15 games this season: 0W-5L.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If it wasnt for covid we would be excited about this game and wondering who our first round opponent would be!!! We were gonna do it!!

Dam our luck!!!!

And refs, schedule, unfare weather, injuries and Gillis. If not for those conspiracies we would be a cup contender

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
If it wasnt for covid we would be excited about this game and wondering who our first round opponent would be!!! We were gonna do it!!

Dam our luck!!!!

And refs, schedule, unfare weather, injuries and Gillis. If not for those conspiracies we would be a cup contender
You forgot....and Benning. Well, you could have just said Bennig.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If Rathbone plays then I’ll watch live, but if it’s the same lineup I’ll probably just watch it on replay and fast forward large chunks again.
Im curious to see how Highmore, Hawrluk, Vesey, Boyd, Hamonic, Myers, Graovac and others respond to last nights loss. This could be a turning point in the season

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It became obvious around April 28th that the Canucks were going to be hard pressed to win another game this season..We're still on that train, and cant get off.
Canucks are missing 3 centres ,and the bottom half of the roster is a mish mash of players....The only positive here is to see some of the younger players get some NHL action.
Will be interesting to see if the Oilers sit any banged up bodies on their roster, now that they have clinched a playoff spot.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Dam our luck!!!!

The team actually clawed their way close to .500 before covid...I think there would have been a possibility of a playoff spot if not for Covid..Calgary was sinking like a rock, so were the Habs

Last edited:

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
The team actually clawed their way close to .500 before covid...I think there would have been a possibility of a playoff spot if not for Covid..Calgary was sinking like a rock, so were the Habs

Really?

You are going to play the Covid card to excuse Benning for this season?

What about the start of the season that put them behind the 8 ball?

What about a roster that is embarassing beyond a couple of decent high draft picks?

Reactions: xtra and geebaan

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
O goodness Pastor please tell me you cannot be serious, I know we kid around a lot here

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

So knowing that the Blues were apparently hit really hard by Covid before the bubble last year, does that put the Canucks' playoff "run" into better perspective?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Every team gets hot streaks. We rode a stretch of lava hot goaltending and the best it got us was "close to .500". We were due for regression. You can't ignore the cold streaks and ignore most of the season, and choose the one hot streak as representative of what the rest of the year would have looked like...

This team was destined for 8-10th last all year. The condensed schedule will probably push us into the bottom 5. It's still a bad team.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Every team gets hot streaks. We rode a stretch of lava hot goaltending and the best it got us was "close to .500". We were due for regression. You can't ignore the cold streaks and ignore most of the season, and choose the one hot streak as representative of what the rest of the year would have looked like...

This team was destined for 8-10th last all year. The condensed schedule will probably push us into the bottom 5. It's still a bad team.

.. and lets also not forget that grabbing 4th in the only 7-team division should not be considered an accomplishment, especially when Ottawa is one of the 7 teams. Based purely on the number of teams, the Canucks had a 7% better chance of making the playoffs this year than they will going forward.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
O goodness Pastor please tell me you cannot be serious, I know we kid around a lot here
From late February, the team was .639 going into the week off (which turned out to to be 3)..They literally clawed their way back from the abyss..I'm not saying the Canucks are worthy of a playoff spot, but given the way Calgary/Montreal played..A healthy rested Canucks team (after a week off) could have made a good run for that last playoff spot...

Reactions: Paulinbc

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
.. and lets also not forget that grabbing 4th in the only 7-team division should not be considered an accomplishment, especially when Ottawa is one of the 7 teams. Based purely on the number of teams, the Canucks had a 7% better chance of making the playoffs this year than they will going forward.
They're f***ed going forward. It's so obvious its not even funny anymore.

With everything thats going on with the franchise the gm, the GM, is scouting a u18 tournament.....

Canucks are going to be a bottom dwelling joke until dim jim is finally gone. Hopefully to the moon forever.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I'm not ignoring the rest of the season..especially the first three weeks...but clearly, they got their act together, and our goalies were playing well..If the team was healthy after that week off, they could have made it interesting (judging how the Habs and Flames played),

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
they got their act together
They Objectively didn't. Advanced stats wise they were massively getting outplayed. Our only reason for winning was demko and he started to cool off at the end just before our break.

For proof look at Winnipeg who were very similar in relying on their goalie and are now shitting the bed. Their only saving grace is that they have an excellent forward core.

Reactions: geebaan

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
They're f***ed going forward. It's so obvious its not even funny anymore.

With everything thats going on with the franchise the gm, the GM, is scouting a u18 tournament.....

Canucks are going to be a bottom dwelling joke until dim jim is finally gone. Hopefully to the moon forever.
They should improve in the next 2 years unless you think. A lot of new youth arriving while dead weight falls off. Petterson and Hughes should improve. More is needed but there is a core developing. There is hope just not this year.

Reactions: Jimnastic

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Scary exercise....pretend you're a new coach coming into a new team seeing the players for the first time...and every player is from a team (something called the 20/21 Vancouver Canucks) that just sold their entire player roster including prospects and minor league players to this new team. How many would make the new team before you went looking for replacements. I count 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad