Post-Game Talk: GM 46 | Oilers def. Canucks - 5-3 (Schmidt, Miller, Boeser)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sounds like he was lowballed from management. Aquilini is out of the city right now and management is watching the U18, in person. Team will get eliminated from the playoffs this week. Green sucks but he's being totally exposed by the Canucks front office.

Green is a shit coach but his treatment by these cowards is shameful and an embarrassment to the brand and the franchise.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Sounds like he was lowballed from management. Aquilini is out of the city right now and management is watching the U18, in person. Team will get eliminated from the playoffs this week. Green sucks but he's being totally exposed by the Canucks front office.
What about the weasel (essentially the number two who is a number two)?

conte-wormtongue.jpg

Reactions: mossey3535

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Heard the same post game presser, which lasted all of 60 seconds.

For some reason the Zoom coordinator always offers the first question to Brendan Bachelor....who asks the same question every night-'What did you think of your team's game tonight". I mean what's Green going to say?

With questions like that, it's no wonder he's 'irritated'.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable question.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Green is a shit coach but his treatment by these cowards is shameful and an embarrassment to the brand and the franchise.

Yeah; there’s graceful ways to part ways with employees. This process hasn’t been it.

At only 12 minutes of ice time, Juolevi won’t be playing next game, methinks. Would love to see Rathbone, which likely means Chatfield dresses again.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Green honestly does not give a shit anymore?
And can you blame the guy honestly?
He was dinked around all year, Does not have a Contract, He knows he is done after the year regardless.
He is pretty good coach, Nothing amazing, Nothing awful, Just good.
We can find another "Good" Coach, but that does not mean they treated him fair, It's bullshit and embarrassing.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah; there’s graceful ways to part ways with employees. This process hasn’t been it.

At only 12 minutes of ice time, Juolevi won’t be playing next game, methinks. Would love to see Rathbone, which likely means Chatfield dresses again.

I keep repeating myself when I say...Green will seemingly care less about development down the stretch and rely on the guys he knows.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Green honestly does not give a shit anymore?
And can you blame the guy honestly?
He was dinked around all year, Does not have a Contract, He knows he is done after the year regardless.
He is pretty good coach, Nothing amazing, Nothing awful, Just good.
We can find another "Good" Coach, but that does not mean they treated him fair, It's bullshit and embarrassing.

He's had a longer leash that Torts OR Willie and with a vastly inferior record. Also it is possible that the Canucks might actually re-sign him still, especially if they can't come up with anybody better (which is a distinct possibility). Once gone from here I seriously doubt he ever coaches in the NHL again...

Reactions: CherryToke

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He's had a longer leash that Torts OR Willie and with a vastly inferior record. Also it is possible that the Canucks might actually re-sign him still, especially if they can't come up with anybody better (which is a distinct possibility). Once gone from here I seriously doubt he ever coaches in the NHL again...
He will find another job within a Month

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I keep repeating myself when I say...Green will seemingly care less about development down the stretch and rely on the guys he knows.

""rely on"" guys he knows to lose?
That argument holds weight when one isnt on a 5 game losing streak being outscored 22-8.

these games arent close

he's hurting his coaching prospects with this embarrassing coaching not switching things up with other players that he has at his disposal.

Reactions: mossey3535

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

It’s not just that a coach is coaching out the string without a new contract in place. That happens.

It’s that two of the biggest/most controversial/most delicate off-ice situations which have happened to this team in years and which required leadership and communication from management have come in the last month ... and Frankie Blueberries and Dim Jim have ran away and hid while putting their already unsteady coach in front of the media to front for the organization answering questions way above his paygrade. Complete abdication of responsibility from total loser cowards and it’s a disgrace and an embarrassment.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I like Green as a coach but I think he was made head coach of an NHL team a year or two early. I think the best thing for him will be to be an assistant coach for two years with an experienced head coach with line match up skills.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Only thing of any import is how the younger or new players are doing.

Lind - feeling his way around. Little in and out of the play and has not established anything about his game that suggests he is immediate top 6 material. I mean he is so obviously short of being a Hoglander type player. You'd like to see a better turn of speed and more intense effort. Nothing really wrong, but nothing really right.

Joulevi - another decent game. No huge mistakes and was at least trying to eliminate people in his end. Like how he moved off the puck to give himself space and how he is moving the puck quickly and efficiently. Still with the clunky feet at times and needs to be quicker on the pinch if he is committed to making it. However, overall, a step in the right direction IMO. Keep on using him and Chatfield as well. Nothing wrong in taking a look at Rathbone as well.

Highmore - Kind of scooter who works hard. More or less replacement level with low ceiling

Hawryluk - works hard and gets involved. Too bad he doesn't have any size or decent hands. Can't play make to save his life.

MacEwen - waiting for MacEwen to break out is getting to be like Waiting for Godot. Needs to get to the net with more intent and play meaner. Don't know that that is in him.

Boyd - invisible most of the time. Lacks anything like upper level skills. Don't really see a role looking ahead.

Graovac - obvious minor leaguer

Vesey - accomplishes nothing. Does look like he can sometimes get there but when he does he shows no ability to score or set anyone up. Sometimes you wonder how he scored on earlier teams cause right now it looks like you could play him for a full season and get Gaunce-like numbers. Don't see this player getting a contract anywhere.... with the possible exception of the Canucks.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I like Green as a coach but I think he was made head coach of an NHL team a year or two early. I think the best thing for him will be to be an assistant coach for two years with an experienced head coach with line match up skills.

What could you possibly like about Green as a coach?

It's honestly disappointing to see toxic comments like this around here..

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
What could you possibly like about Green as a coach?

It's honestly disappointing to see toxic comments like this around here..

Toxic comments? Dafuq are you on about?

Green is a good coach that doesn't have enough experience at this level and ALSO doesn't have the talent he needs to succeed. The best thing for him right now is to gain experience as an assistant in a well managed team with an experienced head coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad