Post-Game Talk: GM 46 | Oilers def. Canucks - 5-3 (Schmidt, Miller, Boeser)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: May 3, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

1232636663_slide.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Vesey - Miller - Boeser
Hawyrluk - Sutter - Lind
Highmore - Boyd - MacEwen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Chatfield

Demko

MODERATOR NOTICE:

With allegations swirling on social media about certain players, please remember our Site Rules - posting defamatory information without a link to a credible media source is not permitted.

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

MOD WARNING:
A reminder to everyone that blanketed attacks at groups of people are Flaming, and are not permitted as per the Site Rules. So posts such as "all Benning supporters are idiots", "all Benning haters are children", "this board is petulant", etc. will be treated as Flaming. Please adhere to the Site Rules. If anyone wishes to read them, they can be found here: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Time to throw Eriksson back in there, hes a 30 goal scorer. And when on earth is Roussell and Beagle back??? The team needs their grit, leadership and experience if we are to make a serious run at getting back into the playoff picture

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
McDavid needs 9 goals to catch up to Matthews for the Rocket.

Ordinarily not achievable but he gets three games in a row vs us...

Status of prediction of 3-4 wins in last 15 games this season: 0W-4L. I did predict a few wins and looking at the schedule, this needs to be a win to be on track for that 3-4 wins. So I'll call a win tonight even though it's starting to feel like we're going to run the table with zero wins to the end.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Time to throw Eriksson back in there, hes a 30 goal scorer. And when on earth is Roussell and Beagle back??? The team needs their grit, leadership and experience if we are to make a serious run at getting back into the playoff picture
I totally agree. A greater veteran presence is desperately needed.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Vesey-Boyd-MacEwen
Highmore-Graovac-Hawryluk

Our Bottom 6 Tonight :laugh:
The future as Benning see's it, in 2 years these guys will all be......older and a lot richer under Benning.
Vesey is worth 3 mil for 4 yrs with a clause contract isn't he? Definitely Highmore or Boyd! They are all character guys after all. That is what you call players that don't score isn't it?

Well the Canucks have been on many highlights where a player has accomplished some record or benchmark, why should it be different now.

With this group I can see McDavid getting to 100 points in 3 games.

I do feel for the players knowing that the future is clear like mud. Have to play out the string and not get hurt.

The opposing teams are already easing up on them, you will see the other teams laughing and smiling a bunch, they will keep the score decent,

7 - 2 Oilers

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Looks like Sutter is out.

So if Graovac is in over Eriksson where does that leave our top paid forward on the depth chart when ya favor EVERYONE in

Pettersson
Miller
Brock Boeser
Horvat
Hogg Life
Pearson
Motte
MacEwan
Sutter
Roussell
Beagle
Lind
High More
Hawrluk
Vesey
Boyd
Graovac

I left off Virtanen cause is probably never be back so Eriksson is our #18 forward. And maybe the Gad but did not include him. Un frickin real even beyond just Benning signing the guy, what a terrible hockey player

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Nice Juolevi is in. Better not get a point or else he may get punted from the line up again. Only hughes is allowed to be garbage defensively and still put up points.

Reactions: bh53 and CanuckCity

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Pretty huge news on the green front, basically no discussions, the offer was ages ago, and they are far apart.

I think it’s pretty clear either of the entire coaching staff goes after this year, or the general manager along side the entire coaching staff goes

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Nice Juolevi is in. Better not get a point or else he may get punted from the line up again. Only hughes is allowed to be garbage defensively and still put up points.
Hughes has been on the ice for at least 58 goals against out of 156, that's if you take his points and add them to his - number, it could be worse because there are games where he was even on the +/-

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

You speak sacrilege man, don't you know that Eriksson is the worst player ever to skate, Roussel is completely terrible in all facets of the game and Beagle is a totally washed up warm body who can't score, at least according the the denizens of this board. Me, well, I agree with you...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad