Post-Game Talk: GM 46 | Oilers def. Canucks - 5-3 (Schmidt, Miller, Boeser)

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Another step down the death march. Some trying gamely to keep their pride and lose with their heads held high...not as if there's much else to be done nowadays.

--Yeah, Green sucks. But it's not as if he's ever been given a half-decent roster to work with. It's not as if he signed up to be the team's PR department with the covid outbreak and Virtanen's situation hanging over everyone. His treatment is no doubt raising a whole lot of red flags around the league when people will be looking for new jobs following the annual post-regular season staff turnover season. Frankly, I don't blame him for getting angry. Could easily see him catch on somewhere else as an assistant or minors coach again. Probably the best thing for him. Doubt he's considered for a top job anywhere else for a long time. Doubt he'd want one after this stuff.

--It's really amazing how this team goes out of its way to alienate its employees. One or two leave disgruntled...it happens. How many now have left Benning's and AQ's employ with a bad taste in their mouths? Like...everyone? Hard to think that anything other than a wholesale housecleaning of the executive is going to turn this around. If AQ can find another guy he trusts like Gillis to come in, take over and rethink the way CSE does business, then we could see a turnaround. If he's still in Charles Wang mode, then we're f***ed.

--Miller continues to lead the way, Boeser got in on the action as well, Hughes continues to be driven into the ground, Myers continues to be overpaid for what he brings, etc etc etc.

--Vesey's stick is where plays go to die.

--Boyd exists.

--Highmore and Hawryluk were a little more noticeable tonight. Decent speed, but not much else.

--Graovac's a minor leaguer.

--Juolevi continues to make progress. No doubt he'll be sitting for Chatfield tomorrow night. It's like this team is deliberately trying to put its young players in the worst possible situations for their development. It's beyond infuriating.

--Edmonton's a crap team past the two stars. If they make it out of the first round I'll be stunned. I am however more or less certain they'll win again tomorrow.

--We're only now waiting for the team to be formally eliminated from the playoffs so the team can start its usual garbage time winning streak, no doubt led by the overpaid vet anchors. This time next week Sutter and Pearson will no doubt be racking up 3, 4 point games. Not that I have any idea what the draft crop's like this year...

Swing low...sweet chariot...comin' for to carry me home...

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Hey How’s the concussion going?
You feeling better?

Yep. Still getting a little dizzy if I get my heart rate too high for too long. So I’ve just adjusted workouts to deal with that but I’m basically back to where I was before.

Reactions: LordBacon

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
In the face of all the information, quotes, stories and evidence our GM decides to make this his statement about another loss of an asset;
“We were prepared to pay Nikita what he was asking for, but my understanding is that his decision in the end was based on wanting to stay in Russia, rather than play in the NHL."
Forget that this is about Groot, this is showing the thinking process of this GM and how he is in denial. He might as well be screaming;
"It's not my fault" or "It wasn't me!"
I have a parent that is starting to show dementia and it does get extremely frustrating at times but it is also alarming how he is becoming childish, Benning's comments, COMMENTS only sound a lot like he is experiencing the same thing but some of his action do as well. Taking way too long to do things, only able to do one thing at a time, loss of confidence so he waits for others to set the market or he likes a particular person and acts too soon and rashly, Pearson contract.

But how about that McDavid eh? Or Mathews, yep tanking sure don't work.

Pettersson getting an offer sheet from the Kraken to stoke a rivalry? Just something Spector was chatting about, it makes sense, Vancouver could not match and the Kraken will be near the top of the league, top third anyway, so 3 1rst's could be in the late 20's, basically 2nd's.
The team would have to trade Boeser and Miller/Horvat to match, the rest have clauses compromising trade values.

How about that McDavid eh? 100 points by game 3 vs the Canucks. At the start I guessed the Canucks to finish DFL in the division, for quite awhile I was sure they wouldn't, but now?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Benning:

“We were prepared to pay Nikita what he was asking for, but my understanding is that his decision in the end was based on wanting to stay in Russia, rather than play in the NHL."

Tryamkin's agent:

“I told the Canucks what it would take on both a 1 or 2 year term and they told me what they could guarantee today, and the gap was just too wide for Nikita,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond told Dhaliwal.

Not a good look when your GM is making up stuff to cover for his failure to sign an asset, and proceed to lose the asset for nothing.

But then again, it is just one more bad look to add to the massive, massive pile.

Did I say massive? I meant gargantuan*.

*it means big

Reactions: Indiana and Pavel96

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad