Post-Game Talk: GM 45: Leafs def. Canucks - 5-1 (Pearson)

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He was a marginal player for Florida,..he was a healthily scratched, even in his last season there..Full credit to him, how he kicked it up a notch in Pittsburgh.
Not sure about that, seems like he was a good 3rd liner there. Well it’s an example of Pitts being good at developing players.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Is there a new schedule for the team somewhere reliable since the season stopped and restarted? I dont think anyone ever cared to put it on their websites as it doesnt matter and no one really cares anymore lol

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Leafs scored twice last night on turnovers from Myers; and once on a turnover by Edler. And a couple of other 'cough-ups by Hughes and Schmidt would have resulted in goals if it hadn't been for miraculous saves from Demko.

What I can't fathom is how this blueline never gets any better, year after year. And guys like Hamonic and Schmidt who look like serviceable d-men throughout their careers, suddenly become totally discombobulated when they suit up for the Canucks.

I guess trying to play on the blueline for the Canucks, is just a scary experience.

Got to look, to an extent, at the poor play of the forwards in helping the defense. Horvath is not that great down low in his own zone and some of the wingers, especially the likes of Virtanen, are dreadful. Tough when you always got the getting passes picked off because of poor positioning of forwards or having the puck stolen along the boards and being put into immediate emergency mode. Spacing on the break outs, for this team, is not good IMO.

Reactions: supercanuck

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I was away for the past two games. How did Kole Linkd look?
He looked like somebody that can play in our top 9. He uses his body well, initiates contact without hesitation, and his hands were quick. Made quick plays, no turnovers really and slashed a stick out of a Leafs player. I didn't see his shot much.

He's similar to Hoglander in the offensive zone. Doesn't have quite the shot, but potentially better playmaker.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
He looked like somebody that can play in our top 9. He uses his body well, initiates contact without hesitation, and his hands were quick. Made quick plays, no turnovers really and slashed a stick out of a Leafs player. I didn't see his shot much.

He's similar to Hoglander in the offensive zone. Doesn't have quite the shot, but potentially better playmaker.
At this point if you can skate you will fit into the Canuck’s top 9. No great accomplishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad