GDT: Gm 44: Boston Bruins @ Los Angeles Kings | 1/9/14 | 1030P ET | NESN | 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
time to go to the main board and find out which Bruins player should be suspended for too many men on the ice or interference, or whatever hell else is "exactly the kind of thing the league is trying to cut down on"

Dougie played the puck from the penalty box. That's quite dangerous in case someone comes by, trips on his stick and falls headfirst into the stanchion/whatever.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the positives are the Yeti and Krejci. Florek had a good game-he seems to enjoy the physicality and it's nice to see a big body called up instead of another small guy.

The PK managed to kill all but one of the 6/7 penalties (I lost count at some point). That's a step up from the Ducks game where it couldn't kill anything.

I really wish the league wide reffing would improve. Tonight's game had to be on of the most inconsistently called games this season. It wasn't really a refs calling a tight or lax game-they just couldn't figure out what was or wasn't a penalty and let things to they shouldn't have and then called the weak stuff.

I would like to forget these two games happened and I look forward to seeing Spooner with the Swedes on Saturday and I think Thornton will be all fired up but the refs are going to call him super tight because of the suspension so I figure the Sharks will get a couple of PP for Thornton getting reputation calls.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Lucic is awful tonight! Free pass since he is likely still sick but man is he fighting the puck.

Never order the seafood platter on the road. I've never had "great" seafood on the west coast anyway. Some swear by it, though.

Yeah, giving him a pass b/c he either had the sprints, or linda blair syndrome. But, we've needed him to pick up the goal scoring for a while now.

Soda put his chances away tonight it still could have been interesting. The best one was a set up from Iggy. But, as if part of the trend they're in, Iggy put it in his skates instead of tape

B's are in a team wide rut.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Well Rask needs to get his head cleared out because Thomas is not the backup and cant take over the numbah 1 again. You are the guy and Johnson cannot handle it either. Time to sack up and get your head back into the game.

Wondering if Thomas would consider coming back :naughty: does he have an NTC? Probably wouldn't cost much.. and maybe reuniting that duo would light a fire under Tuukka.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
time to go to the main board and find out which Bruins player should be suspended for too many men on the ice or interference, or whatever hell else is "exactly the kind of thing the league is trying to cut down on"

Its Marchand tonight! Apparently a gloved punch to a player interfering with you is punishable to the highest degree.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Piss poor effort. The 2nd period continues to be a nuisance. Sloppy. No possession. Disappointing effort all around.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Dougie played the puck from the penalty box. That's quite dangerous in case someone comes by, trips on his stick and falls headfirst into the stanchion/whatever.

ok just got back from there. looks like it's Marchand tonight for a possible 4 games. but you're right though, Dougie's play was just brutal. that's how you can take an eye out. why not a game or 2 just for kicks?

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I think the positives are the Yeti and Krejci. Florek had a good game-he seems to enjoy the physicality and it's nice to see a big body called up instead of another small guy.

The PK managed to kill all but one of the 6/7 penalties (I lost count at some point). That's a step up from the Ducks game where it couldn't kill anything.

I really wish the league wide reffing would improve. Tonight's game had to be on of the most inconsistently called games this season. It wasn't really a refs calling a tight or lax game-they just couldn't figure out what was or wasn't a penalty and let things to they shouldn't have and then called the weak stuff.

I would like to forget these two games happened and I look forward to seeing Spooner with the Swedes on Saturday and I think Thornton will be all fired up but the refs are going to call him super tight because of the suspension so I figure the Sharks will get a couple of PP for Thornton getting reputation calls.

I watch the Sharks time to time...good team...penalties will happen against them and I see Babcock was pissed at refs tonight in DET/SJ game...looked like very soft calls...he was seen mouthing "awful" at refs:laugh:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He's right. Everyone over reacting here. I see the kids playing better defense and I also see guys hurt and floating. Rask playing like a normal goalie and not a top 5 in the league. Questionable goals let in. He's fighting it. This team is out of sorts. No flow to their game right now. Smith needs to go back on the 3rd line. He plays better there. Solderberg coming on strong. That third line we had before Smith got promoted was playing like a 1st line. Put it back together.
Hamilton and Bartkowski playing more physical tonight. I like it. The more minutes the better. Good thing Chiarelli runs this team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yup, if it were anyone else it wouldn't even be given a second thought. Given that its our favorite little rat it is some kind of atrocity against humanity.

Kinda funny really.

Best thing to do whenever a thread pops up involving anything Bruins (good or bad) is to add it to your ignore list. They all turn into the same Bruins hatefest filled with trolling fans of a handful of teams. Not even worth the time to read through it.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
There's a thread about Marchand's penalty, started by an admin no less. :laugh:
I just added my two cents.

On the game:

- Same old story. Good start, no finish. That penalty call on Paille was COMPLETE horse **** and seemed to suck the life out of them.

- That said, if we get a damn save from the guy in the cage we are in this game.

- The Kings hook, hold and interfere more than any team in the league, by a VAST margin. They play dead puck era hockey and the officials just turn their ****ing heads.

- Everyone in the top 6 not named David Krejci was AWFUL.

- The defense is a mess. Chiarelli needs to add a top 4 defensive defenseman, right ****ing now.

- Tuukka was dreadful. I have total faith in him BUT he is playing too much. 55-60 starts is enough. We seem afraid to play Johnson. IF we are afraid to play him he should not be here. Call up Svedberg, send Johnson down. IF he is picked up off waivers, find another plug to play in Providence.

- I thought Julien should have gone milk crate after that Boychuk hooking penalty.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Soderberg and Smith both under 14 minutes again tonight. Soderberg was the best forward on the ice IMO and Smith is your leading goal scorer and 2nd in points.

Kevan Miller is a better NHL defenseman than Adam McQuaid at this moment in time IMO.

Florek is pretty solid. He's like Caron with a motor.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I just added my two cents.

On the game:

- Same old story. Good start, no finish. That penalty call on Paille was COMPLETE horse **** and seemed to suck the life out of them.

- That said, if we get a damn save from the guy in the cage we are in this game.

- The Kings hook, hold and interfere more than any team in the league, by a VAST margin. They play dead puck era hockey and the officials just turn their ****ing heads.

- Everyone in the top 6 not named David Krejci was AWFUL.

- The defense is a mess. Chiarelli needs to add a top 4 defensive defenseman, right ****ing now.

- Tuukka was dreadful. I have total faith in him BUT he is playing too much. 55-60 starts is enough. We seem afraid to play Johnson. IF we are afraid to play him he should not be here. Call up Svedberg, send Johnson down. IF he is picked up off waivers, find another plug to play in Providence.

- I thought Julien should have gone milk crate after that Boychuk hooking penalty.
Be nice.;)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Never order the seafood platter on the road. I've never had "great" seafood on the west coast anyway. Some swear by it, though.

Yeah, giving him a pass b/c he either had the sprints, or linda blair syndrome. But, we've needed him to pick up the goal scoring for a while now.

Soda put his chances away tonight it still could have been interesting. The best one was a set up from Iggy. But, as if part of the trend they're in, Iggy put it in his skates instead of tape

B's are in a team wide rut.

That is all changing thanks Fukushima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad