GDT: GM 35 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers | Dec 28 | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Ah, the old Philly at New Year's game. There have certainly been some nightmarish contests between these two teams at this time of the year in our past. Hopefully we buck the trend this go-round.

Philly has been a lot better this year than they have been of late, though. I think a lot of that is down to Couturier being back - he's such a critical player.
They are winning because Tort's team work hard, have size and youth and he is a very good and experienced winning coach.

They can play "mean".

Will the turkey the Canucks ate come back as a turkey on the ice?

Next year is coming on fast.
Canuck fans had a team in first in points in the league for Christmas, now only tied but ranked 2nd.

Hopefully the Flyers come out flat after the Xmas break and then a flight across the continent. And they play in Seattle on Friday and then in Calgary on Sunday. So a tough stretch for them.
Torts will have them playing pedal to the metal.
Torts isn't leaning on one or two players, ice time is pretty well even for the first three lines and the 4th can be a nightmare.

Well it's hockey again. A Tilt?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
That was too long of a break and I'm anxious to watch a Canucks game. Unfortunately the World juniors has been too early to watch so I've been missing the games. Now I'm sitting here like a junkie needing their fix. It will be nice to get some redemption on the Flyers since they beat us in the first match-up. Here's hoping for a more exciting game than that one, with the Canucks coming out on top. I will be sporting my new authentic Quinn Hughes jersey that my family got me for Christmas.

Let's go Canucks

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Ana.gif

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
7-1 Philadelphia for no other reason than it’s the f***ing Philly after Christmas game.

Appreciate tomorrow’s game because they have another 4 day break immediately afterwards.
Hopefully Huggy is well rested and does a 16 points in 7 games road trip, capped off by 5 against the Rags.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this is a marquee home game during christmas break over a good team that beat them earlier this year with demko in net. philly is also tochett's old team more than any other.

demko not getting the start could mean they are giving him time to heal something he's been playing through.

Reactions: andora and Lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
this is a marquee home game during christmas break over a good team that beat them earlier this year with demko in net. philly is also tochett's old team more than any other.

demko not getting the start could mean they are giving him time to heal something he's been playing through.
I'd have voted for resting him vs San Jose.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I might be in the minority but I literally can’t stand Torts and his asshole stance especially towards media. Dude makes millions of dollars and does nothing but complain. I hope we win tonight just in spite of him.

I’d probably take a dump on his door step if given the opportunity.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I might be in the minority but I literally can’t stand Torts and his asshole stance especially towards media. Dude makes millions of dollars and does nothing but complain. I hope we win tonight just in spite of him.

Yea, he is a dick.

Reactions: BWJM

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Yea, he is a dick.
You guys do realize he always signs autographs for kids , right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad