GDT: GM 35 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers | Dec 28 | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ah, the old Philly at New Year's game. There have certainly been some nightmarish contests between these two teams at this time of the year in our past. Hopefully we buck the trend this go-round.

Philly has been a lot better this year than they have been of late, though. I think a lot of that is down to Couturier being back - he's such a critical player.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Ah, the old Philly at New Year's game. There have certainly been some nightmarish contests between these two teams at this time of the year in our past. Hopefully we buck the trend this go-round.

Philly has been a lot better this year than they have been of late, though. I think a lot of that is down to Couturier being back - he's such a critical player.

Halloween too.

Prediction: 8-1 Philly. f***ing John LeClair gets 3 goals. Lindros 2 goals. Hopefully our goons in Brashear are ready to win the fights in this one.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I was at the 8-0 game in 97. Ruined my date night with my wife. GRRRR Non of that tomorrow.
I was young but I remember that team just getting blown out a lot during that season. Mark Messier was such a total bum. Got his payday, his captaincy and the team around him flat out quit and didn't have any desire to compete.

But remember...there is the "Mark Messier Leadership Award." LOL.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
I was young but I remember that team just getting blown out a lot during that season. Mark Messier was such a total bum. Got his payday, his captaincy and the team around him flat out quit and didn't have any desire to compete.

But remember...there is the "Mark Messier Leadership Award." LOL.
I hate gimmicks but that award shpuld change names every year.. so whoever wins it the next guy wins the player x leadership award

Such a dumb trophy imo anyway so unmeasurable

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I am just thankful that the experience of watching canucks games has gone from this
1248075250110.jpg

To this
FB_IMG_1703456476255.jpg

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Philly were a team I expected to be languishing at the bottom of the league this season,but they have played well.

Their record in their last 10 is 7-1-2 (same as the Canucks).

Hopefully the Canucks can make up for that game early this season ,where they were out hustled by the Flyers in every way

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Anybody's guess how the Canucks will hit the ice after this break.....around the league tonight there were definitely teams who played like they were full of turkey.

But with only two games over a 10 day stretch against the Flyers and then the Sens, the break will do the Canucks a lot of good in the long run. Fatigue is a big factor as the schedule moves into January.

Hopefully the Flyers come out flat after the Xmas break and then a flight across the continent. And they play in Seattle on Friday and then in Calgary on Sunday. So a tough stretch for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad