Post-Game Talk: GM 32: 3 Vancouver Canucks vs. 2 Calgary Flames: Grease wins it for the Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Who is this? It looks vaguely like that bobble head in another posters avatar that ... well, it's difficult to express how irritating it is.

Not a great game by the team, but you can cut them some slack given the concern they no doubt had regarding Hansen. There just seems to be a lack of good puck movement that used to be such a pleasure to watch.

CM Punk. Ex pro wrestler and now UFC fighter. Its the same guy

Callhee

Embrace the hate.
Aug 24, 2009
Completely OT: Just saw joey kenward at the Pint, he is every bit as awkward in person as he is on screen. A guy standing alone in his suit in the middle of writhing 20 somethings.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Is it that bad? I've heard good things about it from some people, but I've never gone myself.

It's not as bad as my personality gives off. I'm not an extremely social person. Bars and the like exhaust me within me arriving an hour at the place. I'm sure the Pint is good, most of my friends seem to like it. I just don't like presenting myself publicly unless I have to. God help me if I ever become famous for some reason. Bleh.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
You guys can be as condescending as you want, there is a real discussion to be had about Daniels contributions to this team.

The sad part is a few weeks ago he had a couple fantastic goals which seemed to showcase that he still has "it" in his repertoire...he just seems to fade too much though. Almost as if he doesn't believe in himself and his capabilities to score much anymore.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Personally, I LOVE The Pint. Easily one of my favourite bars here in Vancouver.

What happened to Hansen? I missed the game.

Went to hit a calgary d in the corner. They kind of just collided and Hansen went down a bit awakened. He was in obvious discomfort as he skated to the bench hunched over. Then he passed out briefly on the bench, he slumped forward to the ground. Woke up quickly though. Went to hospital for evaluation and all seems fine. Got the wind knocked out of him and couldn't get his breathe.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Anyone else feel that was possibly Vey's best game as a Canuck? No points but played surprisingly on the boards, made some great passes and was overall very sound positionally.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Anyone else feel that was possibly Vey's best game as a Canuck? No points but played surprisingly on the boards, made some great passes and was overall very sound positionally.

I think he's strung a few games together like last night. He's starting to figure out how to be effective in spite of his lack of strength, by getting underneath the opposition and getting in and out of the corners in a hurry. Definitely see good pro upside with this guy and his offensive IQ is really standing out among the other bottom 6 forwards. Still like him best on Bonino's wing. Those 2 seem to read off one another very well and get a lot of pucks into high percentage shooting areas around the net - something this team had really struggled with the previous couple years.

If Vey plays at this level or continues to improve down the stretch I think it puts a target on Kassian's back. Vrbata and Burrows likely aren't going anywhere for a couple years at least and if Vey excels on 3RW that puts Kassian in a position to stagnate on the 4th line, where his asset value will diminish. It's going to be interesting to see who rises to the challenge between these pair of 23 year old, skilled forwards.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

Someone said Vey looked terrible
I wondered if they were even watching the game

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I think he's strung a few games together like last night. He's starting to figure out how to be effective in spite of his lack of strength, by getting underneath the opposition and getting in and out of the corners in a hurry. Definitely see good pro upside with this guy and his offensive IQ is really standing out among the other bottom 6 forwards. Still like him best on Bonino's wing. Those 2 seem to read off one another very well and get a lot of pucks into high percentage shooting areas around the net - something this team had really struggled with the previous couple years.

If Vey plays at this level or continues to improve down the stretch I think it puts a target on Kassian's back. Vrbata and Burrows likely aren't going anywhere for a couple years at least and if Vey excels on 3RW that puts Kassian in a position to stagnate on the 4th line, where his asset value will diminish. It's going to be interesting to see who rises to the challenge between these pair of 23 year old, skilled forwards.

Agreed.

I want another look at him at center.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Agreed.

I want another look at him at center.

Wanted him at centre earlier in the year but I've been encouraged by his ability to contribute off the wing. The scouting report from King fans coming into the season was he looks good at centre but struggles when forced to wing. IMO he's looked comfortable there over the last few weeks and with Henrik, Bonino and Horvat in the mix long term, I think Vey will be developed as a right winger. Always good to have wingers that can slide over to the middle when injuries strike.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Wanted him at centre earlier in the year but I've been encouraged by his ability to contribute off the wing. The scouting report from King fans coming into the season was he looks good at centre but struggles when forced to wing. IMO he's looked comfortable there over the last few weeks and with Henrik, Bonino and Horvat in the mix long term, I think Vey will be developed as a right winger. Always good to have wingers that can slide over to the middle when injuries strike.

That's why I'd like to get another look at him there. He was having some trouble battling for body position and adjusting to the speed of the game defensively earlier in the year. He seems to have figured some of that out… why not give him another look?

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Are we talking about the pint? Those kind of dirty bars are not my scene. Im more of a yuppie/dresscode kinda drinks guy.

BUT.... Even i like the Pint... Its got a cool vibe that everyone appreciates

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
It's not as bad as my personality gives off. I'm not an extremely social person. Bars and the like exhaust me within me arriving an hour at the place. I'm sure the Pint is good, most of my friends seem to like it. I just don't like presenting myself publicly unless I have to. God help me if I ever become famous for some reason. Bleh.

Geez, you sound just about as introverted as I am.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Are we talking about the pint? Those kind of dirty bars are not my scene. Im more of a yuppie/dresscode kinda drinks guy.

BUT.... Even i like the Pint... Its got a cool vibe that everyone appreciates

The Pint isn't that dirty, but it isn't a yuppe/dresscode kinda place either.

Have you been to the Irish Heather? Not really a dress code kinda place either, but if you go through to the back of the bar, exit through the back door, and then go down this small alley way there's another hidden bar in the back. It's like a scotch bar and is really cool.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Dude, btw, what's the female equivalent to dude?

Anywho, I like that Tanev jumped up in the rush, I wish our dmen jumped up in the rush more as a 4th forward option. Really helps take the pressure off the Sedins.

Dudette.

Saw my first Canuck uo close today in the underground area of Roger's Arena after work. It was Burrows walking with his daughter. I only said "great game Burrows" as I didn't want to disturb him, but it was awesome. First time I've talked to a Canuck!

I once got a hug from burrows at a bar thanks to liquid courage. So many death stares from the squealing gurls. He's such a nice guy, really humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot