Post-Game Talk: GM 32: 3 Vancouver Canucks vs. 2 Calgary Flames: Grease wins it for the Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
Vs
large.png

(31 GP 18-11-2 | 3rd Pacific) (34 GP 17-15-2 | 5th Pacific)

WHEN: Saturday, December 20th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks (unconfirmed)

QTCa383.jpg

DxF9AiC.gif
Tbs3Rxd.gif

Fqu64GX.gif
kQErxHq.gif
dQjjSZh.gif

wxIwOzm.gif
d0GssZd.gif
l07c5ux.gif

JvLC25t.gif
d3KG8Ou.gif
wv7Jhr5.gif

IkZ9XKf.jpg

bSRhjKL.gif
oH15yxi.gif

CPVBwM8.gif
xu62uhP.gif

xLpPXqP.gif
CU53h7a.gif

vOgevml.jpg

fPejkxm.gif
CH1suZw.gif

Pi7AmDN.jpg

8lZKgDw.gif
G0MrTBP.gif
aARV593.gif
& Biega :dumbo:

Calgary Flames:

TBA

Notes:

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey

JA

There has been an awakening. . .

black-swan.0.gif

dancing-canucks-fan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jun 15, 2014
Well, lets win a game maybe!? Yeah that sounds like a good idea !!!

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Woooo work christmas party in the box for this game, all you can eat & drink!

I feel a win coming , unfortunately don't think we'll end up actually watching much of it :p:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Willie Desjardins has seen it firsthand and still has trouble believing it.

His No. 2 power-play unit, which took just eight seconds to score the Vancouver Canucks’ first power-play goal of the season Oct. 8, hasn’t had another one since.

Officially, the Canucks’ power play enters tonight’s game against the Calgary Flames in an 0-for-19 funk. But for the second unit, it’s more like 0-for-forever.

It was Alex Burrows who scored that power-play goal in Vancouver’s season-opening 4-2 win over the Flames.

“I guess the only thing I can say about it is I’m glad we’re playing Calgary again,†Desjardins said with a smile following Friday’s practice. “That’s a good thing for them.â€
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Vancouver+Canucks+power+play+unit/10668231/story.html

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I want kassian back, so underrated here, doesnt produce points becuase of a lack of finish from line mates, and gets no rope on any defensive gaffs.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
How has the second unit not been dismantled yet?

Try anything else

Looks like they are finally making some changes. Burrows goes to first unit, Vey to second, Weber in for Bieksa and Hansen too. I don't see that being much better of a unit to be honest (kinda limited personnel now with the obvious 2nd unit guy Kassian out) but that's not even the point here. The fact that they are finally realizing it and trying to do something about it is a plus.

“I can’t believe they haven’t scored. Honestly, I can’t believe it. They are too good a unit. You look at the points Bonino put up last year on the power play. So I just don’t know why they haven’t (scored). We’re hoping this is their team and they are hot (tonight).”

That is one sad quote though. I don't want to believe it was said.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
How has the second unit not been dismantled yet?

Try anything else

It goes to our lack of depth but at some point give Horvat, Richardson and Dorsett PP time, if nothing else to light a fire on our 2nd line.

Obviously it's not a "must win game" but it should be a statement game to see if there is life left on this team.

Calgary has had some bad luck recently they might take this from us and we probably will be on the outside looking in on a playoff spot by the time Hammer comes back.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
0-0 tie, with no shutouts or points in the standings awarded. the rare double-loss. everyone is exposed for what they are. everybody is still better than the oilers.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
If Miller is in net we either lose, or we win 5-4 or 4-3... something like that.

If Lack is in net, Calgary will be lucky to get a goal.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Miller's been trash and deserves every ounce of criticism he gets. Until Eddie puts in a terrible performance, the net should be his.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Miller's been trash and deserves every ounce of criticism he gets. Until Eddie puts in a terrible performance, the net should be his.

Miller absolutely needs to beat Hiller tonight.

If Calgary lights him up early, or if Hiller stones the Canucks, this could be the start of the good old goalie controversy.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The start? Please, it's been going on since September.

Oh on here it's been going on since July 1st. I mean in the mainstream TSN/Sportsnet/CBC media. There are still people out there who claim Miller was the best signing of the offseason.

There's now a third player too, as if one of Lack/Miller get injured at any point and Markstrom looks good in the call up, you're potentially looking at a ****storm bigger than anything from the past three years.

Best not to get too excited in advance though. :sarcasm:

PS: I actually think Miller will have a good game tonight. Perimeter shots from Mason Raymond will hopefully help boost his confidence. 2-0 Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad