Post-Game Talk: GM 32: 3 Vancouver Canucks vs. 2 Calgary Flames: Grease wins it for the Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Indeed. Stripped the defensemen and it led to a small 2 on 1 the other way for us.

Yes, I noticed that play too. Its where Vey has to distinguish himself defensively, and over the last few games he has. I don't think he's been a "relentless" forchecker- that likely won't be his game. He needs to turn pucks over and then move them quickly in transition, something he's been doing very well. Because so few of the Canucks players excel in the transition game Vey can really stand out if he can sustain this attention to detail and keep up a quick stick.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Just a quick deduction. I've read every pregame/post game thread this season. If my count is correct (and I may be off a little), based on a certain group of posters' opinions of how many goals scored vs Miller were bad goals he should of stopped, he would now have a SAVE % of around .970 and a GAA of 0.50. This guy will never be considered successful by that group of fans until he pitches a shutout every game. On that, he has been criticized on his shutout nights as well. I have come to the simple conclusion that no matter how he plays, he will "suck" to that crowd and there is no getting around it.

Good luck, Ryan. Glad you don't read blogs. Best of luck Millsey.

I would like for you to show your work on this one. Particularly the "certain group of posters." Sounds like cherry picking to me. If you pick the most negative poster in every thread of course your "consensus" will be exceedingly negative :rolleyes:

But regardless, I don't play the game of "he should stop this or that." It's pointless. Every shot has some % of going in that we cannot determine, and he needs to be above the % that the average goalie is at. At the end of the day, he needs to be stopping ~92% of the shots he's facing to justify his contract IMO and he hasn't been doing that.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yes, I noticed that play too. Its where Vey has to distinguish himself defensively, and over the last few games he has. I don't think he's been a "relentless" forchecker- that likely won't be his game. He needs to turn pucks over and then move them quickly in transition, something he's been doing very well. Because so few of the Canucks players excel in the transition game Vey can really stand out if he can sustain this attention to detail and keep up a quick stick.

I've noticed since the beginning of the year that Vey has a really good, active stick. Especially on the forecheck.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I've noticed since the beginning of the year that Vey has a really good, active stick. Especially on the forecheck.

There is no denying that Vey has skill but there is something missing from his game that prevents him from being a legit top 6 player. He is still young and could be a St Louis lite type player in the future.

member 202355

I'd like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Vey
Matthias - Bonino - Vrbata
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows

Edler - Tanev
Weber - Bieksa
Sbisa - Stanton

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
There is no denying that Vey has skill but there is something missing from his game that prevents him from being a legit top 6 player. He is still young and could be a St Louis lite type player in the future.

I don't think he can ever be a St Louis type player, but I think he could be a useful player if he rounds out his game more. Gotta wonder if he can handle a long season in a bigger role considering that he always seems to get manhandled and crunched along the boards. I haven't seen the same elusiveness that smaller players typically have.

McPaul*

Second half of the season is a lot more difficult than the first. I hope Benning realizes this when the trade deadline comes...

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Second half of the season is a lot more difficult than the first. I hope Benning realizes this when the trade deadline comes...

Seeing as JB was the night manager at McDonalds before becoming our GM I'm sure that this really opened his eyes.

He's been an AGM for awhile, I'd say its a pretty safe bet he already knows.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Can't believe we won, the only thing getting us these undeserved points is luck.

Tikhonov

kane.jpg
Jan 24, 2010
I'd like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Vey
Matthias - Bonino - Vrbata
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows

Edler - Tanev
Weber - Bieksa
Sbisa - Stanton

Hopnestly the Sedins would help Vey out considering he's been **** recently.. But i'm also sceptical about taking Vrbata away from the top line

with Hamhuis out i'm fine with those pairings. As long as Edler + Tanev keep playing good and Sbisa + Weber NEVER play together again, this team might coast to the playoffs

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
It's not as bad as my personality gives off. I'm not an extremely social person. Bars and the like exhaust me within me arriving an hour at the place. I'm sure the Pint is good, most of my friends seem to like it. I just don't like presenting myself publicly unless I have to. God help me if I ever become famous for some reason. Bleh.

Personally, I LOVE The Pint. Easily one of my favourite bars here in Vancouver.

What happened to Hansen? I missed the game.

Yea I guess it's just preference, which is true for most bars. I think I would like it. I'm planning on going there in January atleast one night.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Hopnestly the Sedins would help Vey out considering he's been **** recently.. But i'm also sceptical about taking Vrbata away from the top line

with Hamhuis out i'm fine with those pairings. As long as Edler + Tanev keep playing good and Sbisa + Weber NEVER play together again, this team might coast to the playoffs

huh?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Do you mean schedule-wise for the Canucks? Because if you just mean in general, doesn't it get harder for every team? And thus, not really harder for any one particular team? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad