Post-Game Talk: [GM 30] Canucks lose to Jets | 1-5 | Horvat

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Canucks have called up a center. Lane Pederson.
Could be Pettersson is still sick. Boeser sick.

Flu bug on the Jets? Maybe here too.

MY GOD I hope it isn't used as an excuse to keep the band together for another year or to sell false hope, "If it wasn't for the flu" or "if we were healthy all year" then we would have had a chance at the last wild card spot!

Winnipeg is a tier one team this year without one of their vital core pieces, Canucks a tier 4 team. Odd eh, now advertised as a .500 team that is 24th in the standings.

Have wait to see if the Canucks draw the back up goalie again.

The Jets have been playing a heavy game with dashes of speed.

The Peg gets shoved up the Canuck's __________ use your imagination :D

This one will be a blow out.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
i thought he blocked the shot off his skate? or he hurt his hand too?
It WAS an upper body injury right? I mean both are so close together, he is small. ;)

The Allvin post game, yep lots of Swedish GM questions, Vancouver city questions, some assistant GM questions because they're diversified, the complimentary Horvat situation question answered with "we are doing what we can to keep him in Vancouver, he is an important player on this team going forward, no I cannot answer how close we are or we have until the draft to decide"

Probably more fans waiting for that interview than the game.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Let's do some pre-Christmas score board watching! I'll frame this in favour of the Canucks playoff chances:

Anaheim Ducks @ Edmonton Oilers (1pm)
Best Case Scenario: Ducks win in regulation (Oilers remain in the 2nd wild card spot)
Worst Case Scenario: Oilers win in regulation (Oilers pass the Kraken into the 3rd division spot; Kraken will have one game in-hand over the Canucks)
Most Likely Scenario: Oilers win in regulation

Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche (6pm)
Best Case Scenario: Predators win in regulation (Predators would move within one point of the last WC spot but would keep that spot stuck at 32 points)
Worst Case Scenario: Avalanche win in OT (final WC spot would jump to 34 points; Predators would pass Canucks in Wins and P%)
Most Likely Secnario: Avalanche win in regulation

There's also the Kings vs the Sharks but, at this point, it doesn't really have any implications on the standings.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Boeser getting scratched for Pederson/Dries is hilarious but I somehow agree

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Considering he was a late scratch last game due to illness and missed yesterdays practice for the same reason, I think this scratch has more to do with his health/conditioning.

Although his play hasn’t made it difficult to tell him to sit out a game.

Maybe, but generally if someone is good enough for practice they are considered good enough to play. And it's not like Pederson was at yesterday's practice either.

Reactions: Vector and wonton15

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Maybe, but generally if someone is good enough for practice they are considered good enough to play. And it's not like Pederson was at yesterday's practice either.

That’s what I mean by his play has made it an easy decision. As far as we can tell he hasn’t practiced or played in a while so even if has recovered, his conditioning is off. His skating and motor is already bad. Boeser at 75% isn’t good enough to roster.

I’m guessing they’ll call the scratch precautionary due to illness.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I missed the last game, but weren't Hoglander/Dries/Garland good together? I find these projected lines really bad.

That's kind of been something that makes me turn my head and go huh?

A few times this year Bruce has had something that worked only to change it for the next game. Or had something that worked consistently last year and this, and not go back to it or change it up. Horvat is money in the bumper spot. Let's take him out, because?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That's kind of been something that makes me turn my head and go huh?

A few times this year Bruce has had something that worked only to change it for the next game. Or had something that worked consistently last year and this, and not go back to it or change it up. Horvat is money in the bumper spot. Let's take him out, because?

I feel like the framework in the top 9 was pretty set for tonight:

x-Horvat-x
Mkheyev-x-Kuzmenko
Hoglander-Dries-Garland

And then you decide where to slot Miller and whatever other two guys you want.

I would have probably left Miller-Horvat-Lazar together and put Pederson or Studnicka in between Mikeheyv/Kuzmekno but I would have been fine with pretty much anything using that template above.

Boudreau also ends up going with different lines than they practice with pretty often anyway, so maybe they do fall back to something like this. But then I wonder why have they screwed around so often with other lines this year, especially when they've gotten off to so many bad starts?

Ahh well.

Reactions: wonton15

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I feel like the framework in the top 9 was pretty set for tonight:

x-Horvat-x
Mkheyev-x-Kuzmenko
Hoglander-Dries-Garland

And then you decide where to slot Miller and whatever other two guys you want.

I would have probably left Miller-Horvat-Lazar together and put Pederson or Studnicka in between Mikeheyv/Kuzmekno but I would have been fine with pretty much anything using that template above.

Boudreau also ends up going with different lines than they practice with pretty often anyway, so maybe they do fall back to something like this. But then I wonder why have they screwed around so often with other lines this year, especially when they've gotten off to so many bad starts?

Ahh well.
Would’ve made too much sense to keep the lines the same and just slot in Pedey for Petey. Too much sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad