Post-Game Talk: [GM 30] Canucks lose to Jets | 1-5 | Horvat

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
]The storyline takes place on Christmas Eve and that's it. No other reference to Christmas at all. Not nearly enough to meet the necessary criteria for a Christmas movie. If instead Santa Claus was the one kicking ass instead of John McLean, then you have yourself a Christmas movie. That would be an awesome Christmas movie actually.

Among other things while it may not have been one originally it absolutely is considered one now.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Gave up watching when it got to be 2-0, absolutely confident the rest of the night wouldn't be worth watching.

Second Saturday in a row have laid an egg against a team that actually knows how to play defense. Started early with a stupid penalty by Myers, which of course they can't kill off. And all downhill from there.

This season really don't be defined by wins and losses. Canucks will win a few, lose a few, and probably finish somewhere below .500, and 10-15 points out of a playoff spot. They could cancel the rest of the season now. The only thing of interest might be how many points Peterson picks up....but that's about it..

No, this year will be defined by what they can get for guys like Hovat, Garland, Boeser or Schenn at the TDL. And they'll be one season close to unloading Myers, who's barely above replacement level despite his $6m contract.

Canuck fans are ready for any kind of change.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Among other things while it may not have been one originally it absolutely is considered one now.

If you watch a Christmas movie in July, that would be weird. You can watch Die Hard in July and it is perfectly fine. Case closed.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
maybe not a fair game to judge but i feel like studnika is an ahl / european league player. now that the adrenaline is worn off he's pretty ineffective out there. i don't see a guy with the discipline, habits and effort to carve out a 3rd line role.

garret throwing magfnificent shade on the canucks there saying hellebuyck might be able to play tomorrow night given the workload he faced.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
maybe not a fair game to judge but i feel like studnika is an ahl / european league player. now that the adrenaline is worn off he's pretty ineffective out there. i don't see a guy with the discipline, habits and effort to carve out a 3rd line role.

garret throwing magfnificent shade on the canucks there saying hellebuyck might be able to play tomorrow night given the workload he faced.
should be a steal like all the other acquisitions from the Bruins over the years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad