Pre-Game Talk: GM 3: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - May 5 - 7:00PM PST - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
More like realists. Pointing out that they haven't been good enough to ensure their team wins is hardly 'hating'.

Semantics. I just think they have what it takes to take their play to the next level. We saw it from Henrik in the Kings series. Hopefully he can make it the norm.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Semantics. I just think they have what it takes to take their play to the next level. We saw it from Henrik in the Kings series. Hopefully he can make it the norm.

do you want them to take "their play" to the next level, or do you want them to take that step where they continue to do all the right things but somehow they get goals instead of shots?

because the first one is probably not possible as they played really well last night and the second one is really a matter of luck

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I don't feel any different about this series if Schneids is in net. In fact, I might feel a little worse, given he would inevitably be rusty while Luongo's head is already in this series and he's playing pretty well to boot.

As y2k and others have stated: the goaltending doesn't matter! It's the scoring that needs to improve. Do you guys think Schneider is going to pitch a shutout or only allow 1 goal in every game he plays? No? Well, it's looking like that's what it's going to take from either goalie to get wins.

That's why I'm not even concerned about Schneider's injury anymore. I'm just not. It's the offense that's the problem and Schneider isn't going to change that.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
More like realists. Pointing out that they haven't been good enough to ensure their team wins is hardly 'hating'.

Yeah you got people calling them sisters, pusssies, *****es like it's 2002. Even their own fans. Just pathetic. Would love some Sedinery to shut all these idiots up.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I don't feel any different about this series if Schneids is in net. In fact, I might feel a little worse, given he would inevitably be rusty while Luongo's head is already in this series and he's playing pretty well to boot.

luongo is something like .909 this series. that's statistically not good enough, even if you take context into account. its kind of like his entire season, really

i agree that hes made some incredible saves and that the sharks have had good looks, but there's a reasonably decent chance that schneider in these games would have fared better. im all for a change if he think he's up to it

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
i agree that hes made some incredible saves and that the sharks have had good looks, but there's a reasonably decent chance that schneider in these games would have fared better. im all for a change if he think he's up to it

Schneider covers up a lot of our mistakes - those spectacular saves Luongo is making only look that way because of his positioning.

Luongo likes to sprawl out and make desperation saves (like on Torres gm. 2, Havlat game 1.) where Schneider can slide post to post faster.

Schneider should have fared better (based on previous stats), I think he saves the late tying goal but the Sharks have shooting quite a bit on spots where Cory is usually weak.

The Couture goal (gm. 1) was a goal Cory likely gives up as well. There's been numerous shots that have been going 5 hole that Luongo has saved (although has looked shaky) that Cory may have let in.

I think the SJ team is shooting based on scouting for Schneider, usually a playoff team tries to get Luongo moving laterally but I haven't seen much of that this series.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
im not gonna go goal by goal and say whether or not i think he would have saved them, only that i think he would have had a greater than 50% chance (more likely than not, essentially) of posting better stats

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Plugs like Wes Walz of all people talking **** about the Sedins (calling them sisters) can go **** themselves.

106 G in 607 games. Not sure how all these guys who made no impact on the game have such loud voices in the media.

He's not even good enough to purchase a Sedin stick from the annual used gear sale.

Sedinery2011

Nov 18, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Not sure if you are referencing the Garrison penalty from early in the game last night, but I'm not sure how you can blame anyone on the Canucks for that call.

There has been some real suspect officiating in this Canucks series so far, hopefully the Zebras actually give us a break tomorrow night.

The reffing is beyond inconsistent IMO. Canucks tend to get suspect calls against them right when they have momentum. So much crap goes uncalled for the Sharks and any little bump gets called on Canucks. I've been watching other series and that type of "inconsistency" in reffing doesnt happen. I could be wrong :sarcasm: but I doubt it

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The reffing is beyond inconsistent IMO. Canucks tend to get suspect calls against them right when they have momentum. So much crap goes uncalled for the Sharks and any little bump gets called on Canucks. I've been watching other series and that type of "inconsistency" in reffing doesnt happen. I could be wrong :sarcasm: but I doubt it

Reffing has been appalling all season. I do think the Canucks have an "X" on thier backs, but they earned it. They built a reputation of playing the refs. Refs are herd animals, the Canucks offended the herd.

On another topic, I'd like to add, with love in my heart, that the Sedins are finished. The game has overtaken them. They are well understood models, not innovative game changers. They won't wow anyone with a slick cycle any more. That's their whole game, though. They haven't re-invented themselves. They are not getting faster. Even their shots are slower to contact, allowing blocks. If this series and this season has proved anything, it is that the Sedins are not a force any more, or even a first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad