GDT: GM 3 | Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | 4:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Unfortunately I missed most if the game due to my little girl being in the hospital due to an infection on her leg. I did manage to see the third period, and boy what a chippy game.

Garland is a little pitbull, he is so tenacious. Keeps going and going getting under the opponents skin. I love him on this team. He and OEL have done wonders for this team, and thus far the Van/Ari trade looks unbelievable.

Rathbone looks like he's finding his game. I myself thought he tied it in the dying minutes of the game because I figured Greiss head was just barely out of the crease. Hoglander barely brushed him, very unfortunate that Rathbone didn't get his first goal of the season.

It looked like the better team lost, but I liked the aggressiveness the Canucks showed, but I am worried that without a policeman, the Canucks will be bullied against the bigger teams. I wasn't fond of the reffing, but nowadays I rarely am. Hopefully the Canucks bounce back hard in the next one.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Having watched the Garland hit a few more times, I'm not even convinced it's interference. He had control of the puck, saw Zadina coming and knew no one else was near him, let the puck drift a foot or two away as he gathered himself for the hit, then resumed carrying it.

chaputonyou

Oct 17, 2019
What I'm finding surprising is OEL.

I knew Garland was going to be feisty and would drag the rest of the team into the fight....but OEL?

I thought the rest of the team needed to get OEL motivated....and yet I'm watching the guy play against Philly and then Detroit last night wondering what has gotten into that guy??

As I said earlier, I want Motte back, I want Lockwood called up after about 20 games playing the penalty kill for Abbotsford, and between Garland, Hoglander, Motte and Lockwood - want to see those crazy guys motoring around the ice driving play.

I kind of wish Gadjovich was around to throw out if things got out of hand, but it is what it is.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
What did he do? Don’t forget OEL speared their prized rookie in the penis. Was it that cheap?

Punching a guy in the head who is down on his knees along the boards and already pinned by another Detroit player, yeah, I call that cheap. Rasmussen then suckered Horvat in the head when Horvat was just trying to get those guys off of his teammates.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Forgot to add, Dowling should of buried that, but then again it's Justin Dowling. Would much rather have Gadjovich on the 4th line, rather than this guy who is eating up all the precious minutes from Hoglander and Co. What does Green see in this guy?

Reactions: mossey3535

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Forgot to add, Dowling should of buried that, but then again it's Justin Dowling. Would much rather have Gadjovich on the 4th line, rather than this guy who is eating up all the precious minutes from Hoglander and Co. What does Green see in this guy?
Every NHL head coach has their "pets". Even good ones (e.g.., not Green).

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Wow. The whiners are still at it. Three fun exciting games. Certainly a few concerns here and there. But. Toughness. Myers is 6'-8" and has showed he is ready to go. Horvat plays tough. Was surprised at how tough OEL seemed in Detroit. As I had hoped, it is looking like all the iffy pieces are falling into place. Burroughs is massive surprise. And we don't have Brock, Motte, Sutter, or Hamonic in the lineup. Sure, Chiasson is garbage on the PP and Miller is playing awful. But there are so many plusses on this team that I am excited for this season. For living memory we have had seasons where we were hoping that our bright stars could make up for garbage at the bottom of our lineup. Not this year.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If I was considering a New Jersey the only names I would consider would be Garland, Hoglander, or Rathbone
giphy.gif

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If I was considering a New Jersey the only names I would consider would be Garland, Hoglander, or Rathbone
For me it would be Pettersson or Demko but Garland/Hog are solid choices. Too soon for Boner

The only named one I own is Kesler lol

The ultimate fan

Oct 16, 2018
Having watched the Garland hit a few more times, I'm not even convinced it's interference. He had control of the puck, saw Zadina coming and knew no one else was near him, let the puck drift a foot or two away as he gathered himself for the hit, then resumed carrying it.

There shouldn't have been any penalty to me that was very obvious. I think it's terrible officiating late in the last 2 games the officials come up with these non existent penalties against Vancouver to suite the incessant whining of the home teams wanting penalties for nothing. I have watched hockey for over 50 years and never seen such BS before. I would dearly love to sit down with these ninkompoop chicken livered officials just to show them how stupid and embarrassingly bad they are as officials.
However, on a very good note, I have been very impressed by Vancouvers defensive coverage and breakouts from their own end and the relentless pursuit of the puck by their forwards. I think the Canucks are going to surprise a lot of people this year

Reactions: Jimnastic

rbartnik

Mar 9, 2019

Looked fine to me. Garland looks like a great pickup for you guys. Not even mad about that snipe off Greiss's head.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Unfortunately I missed most if the game due to my little girl being in the hospital due to an infection on her leg. I did manage to see the third period, and boy what a chippy game.

Garland is a little pitbull, he is so tenacious. Keeps going and going getting under the opponents skin. I love him on this team. He and OEL have done wonders for this team, and thus far the Van/Ari trade looks unbelievable.

Rathbone looks like he's finding his game. I myself thought he tied it in the dying minutes of the game because I figured Greiss head was just barely out of the crease. Hoglander barely brushed him, very unfortunate that Rathbone didn't get his first goal of the season.

It looked like the better team lost, but I liked the aggressiveness the Canucks showed, but I am worried that without a policeman, the Canucks will be bullied against the bigger teams. I wasn't fond of the reffing, but nowadays I rarely am. Hopefully the Canucks bounce back hard in the next one.

Sorry to hear about your little girl. Hope everyone is good now. Cheers

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The reverse hit is my favourite part of the game.

And calling someone a midget that just laid you out is like saying someone hits like a girl after they just knocked you out….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad