DeKeyser - Hronek
Leddy - Seider
Staal - Lindstrom

Greiss

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
B2b games is the perfect time to swap out some guys on the lower end of the roster to keep things fresh

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
A disappointing late collapse against Philly. But if you’d told me we’d have three out of four points while missing Boeser, Hamonic, Motte and Sutter I’d have taken it. Sure Hart was bad but Smith was great in the Edmonton game so it evens out a bit.
Need to come out with more energy this game. Second night of a back to back is not going to be easy but we did catch a bit of a break with Larkin being suspended. Hopefully can pocket another two points on the early road trip. Might be a good thing to start out on a road trip with so much roster turnover so the team can bond a bit more.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I can not wait for more hockey

Detroit is a team is has so much residual hate from 15 years ago and I hold with me for no reason whatsoever except I’m a poorly adjusted adult who doesn’t like change

F*** You Chelios

Yeah, late 90s/early 00s really sucked to play against Detroit. The Canucks had a really long futility streak there. I remember one game they were winning 3-1 late in the third or something like that and it looked like the streak might finally end, and the refs gave the Wings two soft power plays and they tied it, then won in OT. That was a definite “there really is a curse” moment. :laugh:

Anyway, Hughes on a career milestone tonight:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Soft penalties called against the canucks? shocked pikachu

If you never watched the early 2000s Wings get reffed, I don’t even know how to describe it. Every single guy on their roster was allowed to talk to the refs, letter or not. Scotty Bowman always had the refs’ ear. They got so, so, so many soft calls in their favour - which just tipped the scales even more, because their team was insanely good.

Think the Blackhawks in the 09-11 playoff series’. Only I think the Wings got it even better.

Reactions: Indiana

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011

naturally we gonna lose to this???

Also Stecher….didn’t he just signed an extension? 2nd straight games healthy scratched

The Seider effect.

No more tears for Stetcher with our shiny new toys in Poolman and Burroughs.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad