GDT: Gm 28: Boston Bruins @ Montréal Canadiens - II

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
thats all it was.
im not a homer Bruins fan, but i do know that if Looch laid out that same hit, in mtl, it wouldve definitely been a 5 minute major.

Like the slash on Marchand that chopped the stick out of his hand, not that I thought it warranted a penalty, but you damwell know if roles are reversed 63 is getting a penalty there. Just how it is.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
The system we play isn't designed to score goals. It is designed to prevent them. Defense wins championships. Though I would like to see this team open it up for a few games to get some energy on the ice.

The year the Bruins won the cup they were top-5 in goals scored in the regular season. They also averaged 3.13 goals per game in the playoffs that year. Need to do it on both ends of the ice, which I know this team can. They're not right now.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
OK everyone step back from the ledge lol. Yes disappointing loss, outplayed the Habs most of the game, Price was good, not great but good. We made it to easy on him by not getting in front of the net. Also, to many shots did not get to him.

But if we play the way we did last night all the time we win most games.

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
For the players who were playing in their first Habs-Bruins game, not so good a showing.
Clearly they do not know what Bruins fans expect - and I do not mean fighting.
Loui, Iggy, Smith - none of them rose to the challenge.
Some of the vets did little better. No real fire from Chara. Nothing clutch from Bergeron. Good plays but no killer instinct from Krecji. Kelly was meh. Marchand looked dazed - maybe Habs continually hooking, slashing, punching him with no calls confused him.
No hitting game from Bruins whatsoever.
Price was solid but not really tested much - one or two saves, and lucky on some he misplayed.
I am as big a Habs-hater as ever lived, but I appreciate that there are three or four Habs fans that can come here and discuss hockey rationally. They are worth reading, and even if not totally objective (not like I am either), they are interesting and passionate.
The rest, go home and tell mommy what a hero you are.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I felt terrible after the game - we lost the game, we lost Boychuk because of Pacioretty who then scores the GWG, we lose first place. I was not excited about the game anymore after Boychuk was injured, I just wanted it to be over. All of that together made for a painful loss.

Today it has sunk in that it was just a 2 point game. The Bruins had to deal with their emotions after the injury. This isn't the playoffs where everything is at stake.

Hopefully tomorrow they will play with more fire in their bellies.

nycbruins*

I became a fan during 87-88 season. I believe the playoff matchup score since then is bruins 7, Habs 4.
I'm not that young so you have to be pretty old to still think about Habs dominating the bruins.

BigBadBruins63*

Well last night was a huge disappointment. It is so crazy how a loss can bug you for a little, but a loss against the Habs really drives you nuts for a few days. (Why it is the best rivalry in sports. I love being able to hate a team so much haha).

Obviously I'm still pissed they lost, but the good things about it is that it are that is was the first game of (4, correct with the new divisions and such?), not a playoff game, and we have plenty of games to take back the division.

Plus, i really don't think the Bruins are playing the hockey we know they are capable of playing. They need to solve their second period problems, and figure out how to get some key guys going. It is scary though that the B's are not playing their best, and yet are 2nd in the division (were first until last night).

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I became a fan during 87-88 season. I believe the playoff matchup score since then is bruins 7, Habs 4.
I'm not that young so you have to be pretty old to still think about Habs dominating the bruins.

I remember a stretch of 10-12 straight wins for the habs not long ago. That's why I'm curious about the numbers. I'm not arguing them but it would be cool to have them. I asked on habs board if there's a way I can find the info.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Aside from the Penguins, the Bruins have "Christmas gift" games for the rest of the December, that hopefully they will capitalize on.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Just think what the Habs would have done if they didnt play 3 in 4. That was disgraceful, dont be so cocky we are not much better than them if at all.

With all the in zone play Price had a pretty easy night.

Cocky? No, not cocky in the least bit. Just not concerned over 1 loss in December. Rask was not on his game and his entire team took the 2nd period off. 'Just think what the' Bruins would have done had Rask been on his game and they didn't take the 2nd period off.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'd be curious to know the numbers the last 25 years. Obviously, 1 cup to 1 cup but against each other? I'm not sure bruins have the edge but I may be wrong.

My unscientific research found this:

Since 1987-88 the Bruins are 62-79-12 vs. the Habs in the regular season and took 7 out of 11 playoff series from them.

(I didn't tally shoot out losses, just counted them as wins/losses)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
My unscientific research found this:

Since 1987-88 the Bruins are 62-79-12 vs. the Habs in the regular season and took 7 out of 11 playoff series from them.

(I didn't tally shoot out losses, just counted them as wins/losses)

Where did you get the info? I'd like to know so next time I don't need to ask around!

I was talking about playoffs.

To be fair, you never really said playoffs. Still, I was curious anyway.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Where did you get the info? I'd like to know so next time I don't need to ask around!

To be fair, you never really said playoffs. Still, I was curious anyway.

I went to Hockey Reference and looked at the Bruins record by year and did a tally chart.

Probably missed a game or two along the way but it should be close,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad