GDT: GM 21 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | Feb 19 | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Can we score five again? We’re going to need at least that many to beat the Jets.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Zippy will lose his shi . . . oh, Mods around?

Anyway, Zippy will be less than pleased.

Actually I don't care much at all but I love it when the Loui haters freak out every time he makes it into the lineup. I'm still hoping he gets either a GWG or an ENG just to see the reaction here...

Reactions: Tritsche

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like with each passing win, Benning’s job becomes safer again and I slowly die inside every time. Is this the nightmare I have to live through now? Please no :(

benning-hulk-1
ygFFdmd

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
That doesn't sound as improbable as some might think. They play 8 out of those next 10 at home, and only 4 of the 10 are against Montreal/Toronto.

A few lucky bounces here and there, keep the injury bug at bay, and keep on the upswing instead of heading back down on the downswing, and it's totally feasible.

or the negative view, all 10 games are against the top 4 teams right now ...

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
And another fun fact, with some teams having only played 11 - 12 - 13 games due to covid, just when are they going to make those games up? If one team goes down for 10 days when they have 6 games, the league is either going to have to delay the playoffs or make some adjustments. And what if one division is decided (north most likely) can they start while the others are still playing their regular season make up games?

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Actually I don't care much at all but I love it when the Loui haters freak out every time he makes it into the lineup. I'm still hoping he gets either a GWG or an ENG just to see the reaction here...

You say you don't care, but I suspect that deep deep down, you do.

It's ok to admit wild, passionate, and forbidden love.

Loui love.

giphy.gif

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The 5 man unit of Eriksson/Beagle/Virtanen/Myers/Juolevi has been hemmed in their own zone for extended periods ,in the last 2 games...Something to keep an eye on.

That line really misses Motte.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
And another fun fact, with some teams having only played 11 - 12 - 13 games due to covid, just when are they going to make those games up? If one team goes down for 10 days when they have 6 games, the league is either going to have to delay the playoffs or make some adjustments. And what if one division is decided (north most likely) can they start while the others are still playing their regular season make up games?

The end of the season is going to be bizarre.

Some teams (like Vancouver, knock on wood) will finish 56 games and then sit, get healthy, hopefully not cold, while others will cram games in back to back right before starting the playoffs.

Some teams will be at a huge disadvantage while others might be in a much better position.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The end of the season is going to be bizarre.

Some teams (like Vancouver, knock on wood) will finish 56 games and then sit, get healthy, hopefully not cold, while others will cram games in back to back right before starting the playoffs.

Some teams will be at a huge disadvantage while others might be in a much better position.
I would hope that the NHL either figures out by the end of February who can and who can't play the full 56 game schedule. As there is time to adjust the schedule to either reduce the number of games that each team plays or they basically allow divisions that can proceed with the playoffs to do so, but for them their advantage is that they get days off between games, whereas the other divisions that need to catch up, they may have to do back to back games to catch up games.

If you are the North, you don't want that much time off between the end of the season and the playoffs. Maybe 5/6 days off or so from your last game but you don't want like 12/13 days off.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Since Gaudette playing better but cant finish might as well stick him with our Swedish beauties

Hogger Pettersson Gaudette
Miller Horvat Boeser
Pearson Sutter Virtanen
Eriksson Beagle MacEwan

Or

Hogger Pettersson Gaudette
Pearson Horvat Boeser
Virtanen Miller MacEwan
Eriksson Sutter Beagle - $14 million 4th line

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Every part of this is incredibly damning.
Yeah, having your entire 4th line fall apart without Tyler Motte is sad, and I like Motte despite his poor analytics(I think he'd have better numbers if he had speedy line mates to play with, his forechecking would be more effective with running mates instead of guys who just can't keep up).

Not to mention that it's also sad that missing by far the cheapest guy on that 4th is what's causing them to suck even more.

I pray for the day that this team can ice a bottom 6 that actually has above average skaters. It's basically just Motte, Virtanen(when he's not in the dog house and sulking) and ZMac(in and out of the lineup and barely plays). Tired of watching Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, Eriksson, etc.

Gaudette's skating has improved but I don't think it's fast enough to the point where he's causing problems on the forecheck for the opposition, he's also a winger being played as a center, just like Sutter.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Parlaying Canucks -1.5, Blackhawks moneyline and Panthers -1.5 tonight.

So basically I need both the Canucks and Panthers to win in regulation and the Hawks to beat the Canes, and I'm $500 richer.

Would be a nice payoff, but also wouldn't be the first time the Nucks leave me disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad