Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: February 19, 2021, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

20210218000220-602df9c922091910390d0d3ajpeg.jpg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson - Miller
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Sutter - Gaudette
Eriksson - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Benn
Myers - Juolevi

Holtby

Winnipeg Jets' Starting Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

Mod Note:

This is a thread to discuss the game between the Canucks and the Winnipeg Jets Posts cheering against the team / advocating for tanking will be removed. It is not the thread to discuss the team’s management and their successes or failures. The thread for that can be found here: The Management Thread | White Hole Edition

Let’s stay on topic, and hopefully we have a good game to talk about.

Last edited:

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Canucks need to string some wins together if they're going to have a shot at the post season. They're behind the 8-ball but other teams in the division are going to have their own schedule adversity to deal with. Got to be ready to pile up the wins when other teams have their struggles. If there was ever a year where anything can happen it's this one. Hope the Canucks can pick up where they left off last game against the Jets.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
time for a little mini winning streak it. tired of this win one lose 3 bullshit. lets go. put some new faces in the bottom 6. hawyluk/zack in for rouseel/loui

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We need to win 3 out of every 4 now. Jets have a couple really fast puck carriers in Ehlers and Connor. We don’t match up very well against that team, so I’m seeing a couple more losses coming our way.
Game 1: 5-2 for the players from the Pig.

Reactions: hn777

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I just hope they keep playing how they're playing, and build off the last game..Winning breeds confidence, and hopefully they are 'buying in' to playing with more structure.

Not even thinking about the playoffs, as they may have already dug too big of a hole for themselves..This should be a fun 2 game series with the Jets

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
This month, the bottom 6 has scored 4 goals out of the team's 22 goals in 9 games.
So in other words, 18% of the team's goals this month have come from the bottom 6.

Frankly, they need to step up. This team is being hard carried by the top 6. Imagine if they actually had some firepower from the bottom 6.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I feel like with each passing win, Benning’s job becomes safer again and I slowly die inside every time. Is this the nightmare I have to live through now? Please no :(

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
This month, the bottom 6 has scored 4 goals out of the team's 22 goals in 9 games.
So in other words, 18% of the team's goals this month have come from the bottom 6.

Frankly, they need to step up. This team is being hard carried by the top 6. Imagine if they actually had some firepower from the bottom 6.
I know that 18% is low, but what's the average breakdown of goals for top 6, bottom 6, and defence?

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
They'd have to go on a miracle run to make the playoffs this year, so I hope the young core can just build confidence in themselves for the future. They've been playing so much better as a team since they've been home and getting in practice time.

Winnipeg (and Hellebuyck) should be a good test. I'd also love to start a winning record against the Jets after all these years.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I know that 18% is low, but what's the average breakdown of goals for top 6, bottom 6, and defence?
Don't know about the breakdown between defenseman and forwards.

Oilers have 6 of their 25 goals from their bottom 6 in 7 games for 24%.
Flames have 7 of their 25 goals from their bottom 6 in 9 games for 28%.
Winnipeg have 6 of their 26 goals from their bottom 6 in 8 games for 23%.
Leafs have 9 of their 34 goals from their bottom 6 in 8 games for 26%. (this doesn't include Kerfoot or Hyman because one is injured and the other is filling in in his spot)
Montreal have 1 of their 18 goals from their bottom 6 in 7 games for 5%. (their offense has come to a screeching halt post the canucks series. 6 goals in their last 4 games)
Ottawa, hard to judge who their bottom 6 are.
Canucks of course 4 of their 22 goals from their bottom 6 in 9 games for 18%.

Funny that the Leafs who spent the least on their bottom 6 also gets the most out of them offensively. Also, I seriously have my doubts about this Montreal team. They got off to a hot start but it's not like they are unbeatable.
Keep in mind, these numbers are a bit off because some players get moved up and down the lineup depending on how they are playing.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
So 1 more goal and Canucks are right in the pack, 2 more goals and their bottom 6 is tops in the division.

Considering Gaudette and Virtanen forgot how to play hockey, that's not as bad as it could be.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So 1 more goal and Canucks are right in the pack, 2 more goals and their bottom 6 is tops in the division.

Considering Gaudette and Virtanen forgot how to play hockey, that's not as bad as it could be.
Yeah, those %’s can change heavily with a 2 goal swing either way.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast

Yeah, those %’s can change heavily with a 2 goal swing either way.
Fair points. Always hard to do something with such a small sample size.
Still need to see more from the bottom 6 if they want to have success.

Reactions: Nucker101

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
We need to win this game... get something going.

Also no PLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad