GDT: Gm 21: Boston Bruins @ Columbus Blue Jackets /11-21-14 / 7P ET / NESN, FSOH, 98.5 FM

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
You guys are saying Lucic should have fought Prout? Maybe, but recall the broken hand dilemma. Were I he, I'd do what most players back in the day did. Take the number, bide my time, and *when it might actually matter,* go after Prout at a later date. As suggested above.

I hate the idea that "meh... I'll get to it later" is really ever the right call. What does it really mean three games down the road? Lucic was pissed that the cat slashed the stick out of his hands. He let him know and it escalated from there. Then he took a shot to the kisser.

But heck. He'll get him in January.

I don't buy it. There's a reason schmucks like Prout and Subban are laughing at Lucic right now. He flaps his lips without throwing his fists.

OutspokenMinority*

Gregory Campbell might be all done. I think he was the single worst player on the team tonight.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Anyone else get frustrated by the 40 second shifts?

It seems like half the time on the ice the forwards fight to get possession of the puck only to dump it in the corner and go for a line change.

It's been that way all year-short shifts and Loui is almost always the first forward off.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I hate the idea that "meh... I'll get to it later" is really ever the right call. What does it really mean three games down the road? Lucic was pissed that the cat slashed the stick out of his hands. He let him know and it escalated from there. Then he took a shot to the kisser.

I don't buy it. There's a reason schmucks like Prout and Subban are laughing at Lucic right now. He flaps his lips without throwing his fists.

I see your point but I don't quite agree.

Lucic is coming off a broken bone in his hand, he's a notoriously slow starter "saddled" with kids in the absence of DK, and he has a bad reputation. All of those factors likely figured into a refraining from a "bout" with PK. I love PK, by the way, and most on this board would love him, too, if he were wearing the black & gold.

I'm reasonably certain Milan would demolish PK, or Prout, if necessary, and at the appropriate time. Not that Milan always executes such matters at the appropriate time.

There may be more chirp in his game than actual fighting at the moment, but that's okay with me. I believe he will fight, on selective occasion, or through raw emotion/blowing a gasket.

What I want from Milan right now is what he's lately been giving: Skating in that freight train fashion, consequent punishing hits, learning how to live without David Krejčí, and helping his lesser line mates.

Good with Looch for now.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
And because of that Julien will probably never trust him again...:shakehead

I thought I saw Koko have 6:33 (or close) min of toi in the first and then 9 something
for the entire game.

He must have done something early in the 2nd to only play 3 more minutes over two periods. Perhaps my toi for him is incorrect.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
I see your point but I don't quite agree.

Lucic is coming off a broken bone in his hand, he's a notoriously slow starter "saddled" with kids in the absence of DK, and he has a bad reputation. All of those factors likely figured into a refraining from a "bout" with PK. I love PK, by the way, and most on this board would love him, too, if he were wearing the black & gold.

I'm reasonably certain Milan would demolish PK, or Prout, if necessary, and at the appropriate time. Not that Milan always executes such matters at the appropriate time.

There may be more chirp in his game than actual fighting at the moment, but that's okay with me. I believe he will fight, on selective occasion, or through raw emotion/blowing a gasket.

What I want from Milan right now is what he's lately been giving: Skating in that freight train fashion, consequent punishing hits, learning how to live without David Krejčí, and helping his lesser line mates.

Good with Looch for now.

Not so sure about that. Prout handled him rather well last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk3D31ggSBo

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not so sure about that. Prout handled him rather well last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk3D31ggSBo

Will check.

Remember, too, that at 26 (?) Milan made the team at 19. Plenty want to make a name, and get a job, going after him. It's a strange dance.

PS Hey, has anyone seen "Goon"? :yo: (No, not the protagonist, I'm thinking of the Liev Schreiber character). Life goes by fast, not least for a power forward. But Milan still has a good three to five left. He's more intelligent than many realize -- witness those underrated passes -- and he'll adjust.

Soon enough, the sobriquet will be "Wily veteran, Milan Lucic."

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I don't know what Lucic's problem is this year but maybe this will be the instance that will make him stop acting like a ***** and start playing like Milan Lucic. I mean was he under the impression that Prout wasn't going to hit him? He would NOT have gotten an instigator their either, whether or not he popped Prout up high first. They had plenty of time to talk, drop their gloves and start going. He kept his on like a **** and he got dropped for it. People saying he was "wary or an instigator" or something to that effect are grasping at straws and making excuses. The ONLY thing that could have adversely affected the Bruins was that he can't compete in the shootout when serving a major. And since he's never been in a shootout ever, that means nothing. He started that situation, then didn't answer the bell and got cold cocked for it. Can't worry about "getting him next time" (another straw to grasp, bull**** excuse) either, that's a *****'s way of handling it. Man up and handle it now, especially since you started it.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't know what Lucic's problem is this year but maybe this will be the instance that will make him stop acting like a ***** and start playing like Milan Lucic. I mean was he under the impression that Prout wasn't going to hit him? He would NOT have gotten an instigator their either, whether or not he popped Prout up high first. They had plenty of time to talk, drop their gloves and start going. He kept his on like a **** and he got dropped for it. People saying he was "wary or an instigator" or something to that effect are grasping at straws and making excuses. The ONLY thing that could have adversely affected the Bruins was that he can't compete in the shootout when serving a major. And since he's never been in a shootout ever, that means nothing. He started that situation, then didn't answer the bell and got cold cocked for it. Can't worry about "getting him next time" (another straw to grasp, bull**** excuse) either, that's a *****'s way of handling it. Man up and handle it now, especially since you started it.
perfectly said, couldn't agree more. i cant stand lucic anymore and really hope he is moved in the offseason so he is not extended at some price he won't be worth.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Missed the game, strictly commenting on the highlights I just watched and he looked foolish, it`s not like this was Smitty giving a shove to a guy but that guy knowing Smitty is not really a threat to drop em

Looch went to him, sure thought to myself "here we go" then the gloves glued to the hands and pow

Something isn`t right in Looch land right now, that doesn`t mean I`m close to entertaining as some have to move him out but he`s not quite right, might be the wrist still bothering him but he has to protect himself there if he knows he isn`t dropping them

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
No hamilton in ot. No hamilton in the last few minutes in the game. Did he get hurt?

This would just be the icing on the cake.

Seids and then who has more games Krug or Bart? As the #2 Dman.

Yep that Johnny Boychuk trade is looking better and better (to the other teams).

Habs are going to eat us alive if we have no Marchand, no Krejci and no Dougie in addition to the other Dman injuries.

Can we just forfeit?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
That's being highly generous

I can't believe what has happened to Milan lucic. He went from being one of the most intimidating guys in the league to an absolute chicken **** little ***** that is more worried about getting penalties than he is in standing up for himself. Such a coward, the sedins look tough in comparison. Pathetic, he needs to move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad