Pre-Game Talk: GM 2: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers - Oct 11 - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If he set the tone with stellar defensive play I might feel sorry for him. Besides he helped get Schultz for them (even if he's a defensive liability hmmm maybe that's what Hall sold him on).

Problem is when Taylor Hall isn't playing for Dallas Eakins he's a very effective two-way player.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
A suggestion on the radio today was that we should pick up Sami Salo for some right handed depth. What does everyone think? I would prefer him over Weber for sure, even at this stage in his career. He could share the Edler babysitting duties with Tanev, should come pretty cheap and shouldn't be expecting to play every game (which he wouldn't). We could then send Weber down to Utica where he most likely clears waivers.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's going to suck once this game is done. There's almost a full week before we play again. Thanks for giving us a huge break right at the start of the season, NHL schedule maker...

And to top it off. We then get a double header. Only good thing is the game on Friday is against Edmonton. So even if we suck, we can beat them. :laugh:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
A suggestion on the radio today was that we should pick up Sami Salo for some right handed depth. What does everyone think? I would prefer him over Weber for sure, even at this stage in his career. He could share the Edler babysitting duties with Tanev, should come pretty cheap and shouldn't be expecting to play every game (which he wouldn't). We could then send Weber down to Utica where he most likely clears waivers.
Let's give Weber a game or two before we consider this. Salo isn't going anywhere but I am amazed he hasn't gotten a contract.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Problem is when Taylor Hall isn't playing for Dallas Eakins he's a very effective two-way player.

I am probably being too much of a homer here, but I noticed something when Hall scored the goal that tied it up 2-2 last night.

It was a pretty nice rag of the puck by RNH and then a great mis-direction, soft feed....whereupon Hall just wired a beauty one timer.

It really struck me how Hall reacted...like it was all him.

Like I said, I'm probably too much of a homer and may be reading too much into it, but it seems to me that more than a few guys would have pointed to RNH with the "great pass" reaction instead of the "how great am I" posture.

And thus I judge him to be a self centered an ass-hole. :D

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I am probably being too much of a homer here, but I noticed something when Hall scored the goal that tied it up 2-2 last night.

It was a pretty nice rag of the puck by RNH and then a great mis-direction, soft feed....whereupon Hall just wired a beauty one timer.

Like I said, I'm probably too much of a homer and may be reading too much into it, but it seems to me that more than a few guys would have pointed to RNH with the "great pass" reaction instead of the "how great am I" posture.

(sounds kind of like Kesler)

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Good observation.
Maybe still some immaturity.
I remember last game when Vrbata scored he pointed to Sedin. The Sedins usually do the same. The guys who usually act like it was all them are the guys who rarely score and who can blame them.
Although in Hall's defence at least he didn't skate to center and slide all the way down the ice. :)

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

Pick him up for Edler imo

As long as his skating hasnt gotten even worse and he can still shoot

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Hey don't rag on my favorite player :cry:
Your new avatar keeps making me want to watch Lonely Island's "I Just Had Sex". I think I will!

(watch the video, not the other thing)

I'm glad I could help ;)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
BEWARE THE SWARM.

SWARM PP:

By_SzH4CYAAhIWM.jpg

SWARM PK:

2wgdwmd.jpg

Key part about the system of the Swarm is to make sure to front of your net is clear of defenders..

2z7kjm8.jpg

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011

don't toy with my emotions, man

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns

I would support this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad