GDT: GM 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | 4:00PM PST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I still think Hoglander shouldn't be nursed in his minutes and he should be playing on line 1. If last game was any indication, he has elevated his play and is easily our best forward right now

Right now Hoglander is the best ES forward on the team and his TOI should reflect that.

He should also be integrated into the PK - his motor and ability to win puck battles in tight areas projects very well onto PK usage.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Travis Green is just an awful coach that's in way over his head. The obvious decision was to load up the top 2 lines with your best players, yet it took him an entire pre-season and 1 regular season game to figure this out. It's troubling when you have f***ing HF posters showing more logic and foresight than our trash management and coaching staff.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Yup. I’m completely over management but the coach is still in my cross hairs. It’s a flawed team with flawed cap structure and a massive age gap on the horizon but an upgrade at coach would get WAY more out of the roster.

Reactions: Indiana

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Right now Hoglander is the best ES forward on the team and his TOI should reflect that.

He should also be integrated into the PK - his motor and ability to win puck battles in tight areas projects very well onto PK usage.

Yes but we need to consider air superiority. What if the other team starts making most of their plays 6' off the ice?

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

Do we want Hog blocking shots?

Reactions: Indiana

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, Dowling actually looks ok.

I feel I might have been a bit prejudicial toward him because of his age but as a 12th/13th forward he’s fine.

They have actually done the right thing this year and gone mostly cheap in the bottom-6 and depth defenders. A guy like Chiasson might be below replacement level though and I don’t know that he fits on a solid 4th line.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Man, it sucks they got rid of the Flyers NYE game tradition.
It always seemed like it’s very early or at New Years. Boulerice cross check on Kesler was very early as well.

My brain only sees the Flyers black uniforms too.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Mitch the skinny wimp Marner kills penalties.

To be honest I think Pettersson should get PK shifts. The good teams can threaten PP’s with short handed chances. Vancouver hasn’t had that since Kesler/Burrows/Raymond to my recollection.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Yeah, Dowling actually looks ok.

I feel I might have been a bit prejudicial toward him because of his age but as a 12th/13th forward he’s fine.

They have actually done the right thing this year and gone mostly cheap in the bottom-6 and depth defenders. A guy like Chiasson might be below replacement level though and I don’t know that he fits on a solid 4th line.

Yeah, as a spare part I have no problem with Dowling being on the roster. Using him on the PP seems insane when there are clearly better options.

While I am critical with how bad the bottom-6 is, I don't mind the cheapness factor of it. It's that there isn't the bottom-6 anchor that the team required. If Dickinson can quickly develop into that, then my opinion will change and I'll give kudos.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Man, it sucks they got rid of the Flyers NYE game tradition.

Oh hell no to anymore Flyers games. Watched 2 live.
The first being an 8-0 thrashing where Brashear and Odjick just decided to fight while Messier and co mailed it in after the 1st period. Then the 8-2 ass kicking where Kesler got suckered for no reason.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
But he's the most respected head coach in the NHL! Ask Nazzy!
Most “respected” meaning leave him in place as we like to take advantage of his incompetence

novel idea travis, instead of wasting a talented player to “prop” up a line and only give your self even more diluted lines put your “energizer” on a more talented line and them create a solid line with an offensive mandate then take your “weaker” offensive line and change their role to more of a neutralizing role

drives me nuts when green tries to shoehorn players into roles where they simply don’t fit, offensive guys asked to be grinders and grinders expected to be offensive guys

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Yeah, as a spare part I have no problem with Dowling being on the roster. Using him on the PP seems insane when there are clearly better options.

While I am critical with how bad the bottom-6 is, I don't mind the cheapness factor of it. It's that there isn't the bottom-6 anchor that the team required. If Dickinson can quickly develop into that, then my opinion will change and I'll give kudos.
Dowling was surprisingly very good on the PP last night and made some nice plays that lead to the goal. I'll give him credit where it's due. But yeah, Chiasson should be bumped to PP2 or completely off and Dowling shouldn't be there.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Why is Dowling on the team. I dont understand how you waive your young guys for a guy who is 31 with 77 NHL games

I think Green wants to start the season off with a little more veterans to get a few wins together and build some confidence
Too many young guys getting off to a bad start isn’t ideal, I get why Chaisson over Gadjovich and Dowling are in the lineup…… I don’t like it but I can see the reasoning

too bad Gadjovich couldn’t get integrated into the line up once we got rolling

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Sure. Most good NHL two-way forwards PK.

Ideally you need at least 5 PK forwards and they all can’t come from your 4th line. And none of Pettersson/Garland/Boeser/Podkolzin/Miller should be on the PK.
Podz has lots of experience killing penalties. Not at the NHL level obviously, but he would be worth a look.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Podz has lots of experience killing penalties. Not at the NHL level obviously, but he would be worth a look.

For sure, eventually.

I'm all for young players getting PK looks. But Podkolzin at this point is probably a bridge too far when he's just trying to adjust to the ES pace and figure out a new system. He doesn't need too much on his plate.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Notice any parallels?

Yandle-seeler….omfg that is going to be a brutal pair. I also hate Braun going up and dont see why York cant just come in for risto…

Brassard-laughton-Thompson

What a brutal f***ing center group my god. This is worse than when G was primarily a center, patrick/scheme did time there, and couts was the bottom 6 center.

You would also think that the lack of skill would mean guys like giroux/farabee/tk getting more ice time. I guaurantee that AV will bring out the 4th line after every single goal—-anyone else hate that they come out when we get scored on?

Hart——please stay strong lol, it’s all on you

Pp might eat us alive. Our success will depend on our special teams. PP and pk were just awful last year

I have no idea what the score will be tonight. But I do know this; nearly a decade of rebuilding, retooling, or whatever the f*** you want to call it and we are icing a lineup featuring copious amounts of garbage.

FU Dave Scott

SELL THE TEAM!

Flyers are pretty big favorites in this one fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad