GDT: GM 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 6:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Now do Hamonic.

2 wrongs don't make a right. Hamonic let oilers forwards walk right around him multiple times last night leading to penalty an/or great scoring chances.

OJ - the book has been out on this guy for a while. Drive to the outside, he cant turn to his right. Like Zoolander

Reactions: Indiana

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
expecting McD to have a huge game.
besides not getting on the scoresheet last night he looked unreal. He almost scored in the dyind seconds, created space and basically gave 2-3 tap ins for team mates on the PP but they couldn't bury them. He drew penalties with his speed. That was a good game from him, Here's hoping hes quiet tonight.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Have a feeling tonight will be a lower scoring more defensive game. Here's hoping we do a better job containing McDavid he was flying last night. Was exciting to see the kids scoring yesterday huge for their confidence and Boeser looked like his shot was back !! I'm going Canucks win 3-1 with the 3rd goal an empty netter.
I hope you’re right... that oilers D is a tire fire outside of Nurse... I think that would benefit the Canucks greatly. The oilers are only scary in those run and gun games where you’re trading chances because they have Draisaitl and McDavid who can burn you 50% of the time. If the Canucks can slow everything down in the neutral zone and keep on the right side of the puck I think they can neuter the oilers attack

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
McDavid and Draisaitl aren't getting held to 1 point between the two again.

Going to need a solid effort tonight, probably less sloppy play in general lol
Those two are great players, but (I think) playing the right way does allow for scoring chances against them too. It’s just they can score at a much higher ratio to chance volume than everyone else. Maybe this is partly why Green wants Petey and Bo out against those two? When we get the inevitable chances to score McDavid and Draisatl give up, our guys on the ice can capitalize.
Those two are absolutely deadly on the PP too.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Three things.
1. As an Oiler fan, I like your team, they play hard and are fun to watch.
2. Im upset they beat the Oilers
3. I am willing to ally with you all against the forces of darkness across the rest of Canada. Lets go 5-5 against each other and smoke the rest?

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Three things.
3. I am willing to ally with you all against the forces of darkness across the rest of Canada. Lets go 5-5 against each other and smoke the rest?
No. We do not care about the oilers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Andrew Walker ripping OJ48 mobility on the radio today.... hes not wrong
Despite all the post-game spin-doctoring, to me OJ demonstrated some of the same issues he had in Utica last season....a real lack of lateral mobility. Of course the Oilers are team that will expose that weakness. And Hamonic fared even worse, but it might be more of a case of rust--it better be!

But based on training camp, Canucks would be better off with both Rafferty and Rathbone in the lineup. More mobility and faster puck movement. But of course it'll never happen unless there's a catastrophic run of injuries on the back end.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Three things.

we'll see how much you like the Canucks after that 8th game they play each other this shortened season.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Three things.

Thanks for the kind words, several of you folks have visited and been classy. In the end, we’re all passionate fans of the game here. Most of us appreciate the skill of your young phenoms.

No. We do not care about the oilers.

With all due respect, speak for yourself RR, No need to be rude to a visitor who is being polite.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If these Northern Division 'back-to-backs' are anything like they are in the AHL, then the second game is always the toughest to win. I can't believe there are rumors out there that Green is intending to come back with Holtby tonight. A big mistake if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad