GDT: GM 2 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 6:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Hamonic was really exposed last night. Yeah, tough assignment for him after missing so much hockey. He may fare better where he doesn't have to contend with McJesus. I never thought I would say this but do you think Chatfield should draw in for the game tonight? I haven't seen him play very often but, at least until Hamonic can get up to speed, he may be the best option to pair with Hughes for tonight. Thoughts?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah I like the latter 2, but they're all not on the same level as Mcdrai...

If either had a couple real high quality wingers they'd be even more dominant.
Maybe in a capped league paying 12 million for a centre results in cheaper wingers? I think Draisatl is on a great contract though.

Reactions: Indiana

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010

Go Canucks go

Some things never change

jan13-1.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hamonic was really exposed last night. Yeah, tough assignment for him after missing so much hockey. He may fare better where he doesn't have to contend with McJesus. I never thought I would say this but do you think Chatfield should draw in for the game tonight? I haven't seen him play very often but, at least until Hamonic can get up to speed, he may be the best option to pair with Hughes for tonight. Thoughts?
He hasn’t really even skated seriously in almost a full year. He’s going to need several weeks to get into shape, and sharpen his skills - especially skating. I’d say he’s even off more tonight than last night. I don’t know what the taxi squad rules are, but (if allowed) I’d give him this game off.

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Unfortunately I predict the Oilers respond and win against us 5-2. Our goals BOTH by Sutter

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There's a lot of buzz about the Oiler's swarm defense and I'm glad for it. Their lack of defense really takes the sting out of that team and it couldn't happen to a more wretched hive of villains than those living in Edmonton.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Maybe in a capped league paying 12 million for a centre results in cheaper wingers? I think Draisatl is on a great contract though.
Nothing wrong with either contract, Draisaitl is a steal though yeah. So the should (aka must) take advantage of it.

Kassian kahun yam Smith koskinen is just not nearly good enough.
Pool party Turris Barrie all looked average at best, going to need alot more than what they got last night.

Yeahhhh its one game, hopefully tonight is a better showing.

Canucks however look to have no issues with offense.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Nothing wrong with either contract, Draisaitl is a steal though yeah. So the should (aka must) take advantage of it.

Kassian kahun yam Smith koskinen is just not nearly good enough.
Pool party Turris Barrie all looked average at best, going to need alot more than what they got last night.

Yeahhhh its one game, hopefully tonight is a better showing.

Canucks however look to have no issues with offense.
I actually thought Puljujarvi looked quite good considering the fact he hasn’t played a game in North America in over a year

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Yeah I like the latter 2, but they're all not on the same level as Mcdrai...

If either had a couple real high quality wingers they'd be even more dominant.

I’d say Poolparty looked pretty good, a little uncaged at times but his skill level is there, turns out his compete level is there as well

when this season is over we are gonna know all the Canadian teams as well as we know our own

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Some things never change

jan13-1.png

I will say on this play if Draisaitl doesn’t miss the puck at the line, he was going to be gone of a breakaway. Not sure why Larson decided to leave Boeser there. Must have thought they would get it out for sure. If you back up the play he kind of just floats away from Boeser

Reactions: Indiana

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I’d say Poolparty looked pretty good, a little uncaged at times but his skill level is there, turns out his compete level is there as well

when this season is over we are gonna know all the Canadian teams as well as we know our own

I agree with this. Showed a great motor and checking ability. Some really bizarre decisions with the puck however.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I predict that with the weird off season, rust, quick turnaround etc someone from either team leaves the game with an injury.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I wonder how often teams win both games of a double header? If Demko can stand on his head (I think he’s going to need to) then we might steal another one.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Have a feeling tonight will be a lower scoring more defensive game. Here's hoping we do a better job containing McDavid he was flying last night. Was exciting to see the kids scoring yesterday huge for their confidence and Boeser looked like his shot was back !! I'm going Canucks win 3-1 with the 3rd goal an empty netter.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think the Canucks will get their share of Grade A chances against a pretty poor Oilers defense. Need to convert them and hopefully get a few more PP opportunities as I’m expecting a big game from McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad