GDT: Gm 18: Columbus Blue Jackets @ Boston Bruins|11/14/13|7P ET|NESN(HD), NHLN-US|98.5 FM

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Johnson played much better than I thought he would when I found out he was starting (obviously a good move, Tuukka needs rest). Of course, I thought he wouldn't let in more than 3 goals, but I thought that would be because the D would give him easy shots to stop. Instead they make it really hard for him (at times). Hard game since we had so many chances in the first and when Columbus got the puck they tried to do something on the rush which makes it hard for a goalie to stand waiting while B's line up chances but don't capitalise, and then you get a semi-decent chance against you as your first shot in some time. As bad as the 2nd goal was, he had some Tuukka-worthy saves to get us points, especially in the third. Before that we pretty much owned the game and could've had a 6-1 lead.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think he is meant to play his off-side.

I think of the lefties Seids is the best at playing right side.

Bart IMO looks better on the right than Krug (I actually think Krug and Bart play well paired together).

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
For sure, neither player was at their best....I'm finding Z is having a hard time keeping his passes crisp right now, a lot of fluttering pucks.

Why is Chara even on the PP? Even though we rarely get any, we shouldn't be exhausting him all through the season. He's not great at the point in PP's, and while he's a good screen, he isn't especially good when he has to handle the puck down low. Besides, we have plenty guys who seem willing to stand in front of the net 5 on 5 (Eriksson, Yeti, et al) and others who should be really good at it but maybe don't want to on the PP. I guess maybe Chara has requested to be put on the power play, but I don't agree that he should.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Well it wasn't pretty but it was a win.
Lucic was a treat to watch out there tonight. So glad he got the OT goal, what a player. He's having a great season.
Also thought Eriksson played well. I love his fearlessness in going right to the front of the net, it's something the Bruins hadn't been doing enough before. He's a smart player, I like his game.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Why is Chara even on the PP? Even though we rarely get any, we shouldn't be exhausting him all through the season. He's not great at the point in PP's, and while he's a good screen, he isn't especially good when he has to handle the puck down low. Besides, we have plenty guys who seem willing to stand in front of the net 5 on 5 (Eriksson, Yeti, et al) and others who should be really good at it but maybe don't want to on the PP. I guess maybe Chara has requested to be put on the power play, but I don't agree that he should.

all of his goals and a third if his assists have come on the power play.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Soderberg was the best player not to hit the score sheet. Seems like every other game he has an extra gear. Was flying tonight. Maybe time to see a Marchand/Soderberg switch.

Nobody in the league comes close to matching Lucic's power game. This is the best I've ever seen him.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
On the last play it seemed like Bobrovsky could have got to the puck first, but then realized that it was Lucic barreling down the ice.

maswe12

Feb 27, 2002
orlando, fl
Tough night for Marchand.

Think maybe Clode should drop him down to the 3rd line and move Yeti or Smith up. Think that would work for both units.

Agreed...Thought Bergeron and ERicksson looked best when Smith was playing with them.

The team doesn't play great every night yet, but I am pretty sure I am watching a better team than last years. Krug and Hamilton have changed the game on the blue line and Iggy is such a massive upgrade over Horton (not sure what the point breakdown is but he just plays a much more engaged game). I think the third line is much better too. Loui doesn't have Seguin's skill set, he seems to like to get dirty and I think he and Bergy will only get better.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in......

I thought Sniper Shawn should have been one of the 3 stars of the game.

Nice saves by Johnson ...especially at the end of the game.

Looch looking so good !

I think Marchy is getting better. I believe that line will be fine. If only the third line would get going.

The boys are flying to Ottawa tonight. I hope the rest up and play well tomorrow

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just in......

I thought Sniper Shawn should have been one of the 3 stars of the game.

Nice saves by Johnson ...especially at the end of the game.

Looch looking so good !

I think Marchy is getting better. I believe that line will be fine. If only the third line would get going.

The boys are flying to Ottawa tonight. I hope the rest up and play well tomorrow

No, no, no! He stinks! :rant:

Love it when the two whipping boys score. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
There is nothing wrong with the 3rd line.

They played a high energy, defensive game tonight and had plenty of great chances that were stopped by a world class goalie and great back checking by Foligno.

They do need to score but the chemistry is undeniable and the goals are coming. Just because they aren't scoring doesn't mean they're not playing well. They need to finish the play but that comes with timing which is starting to happen now that they are playing consistently with each other.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No, no, no! He stinks! :rant:

Love it when the two whipping boys score. :laugh:

Thornton took a shot from a bad angle that hit one of the CLS d-men's sticks and went in. If one of the kids on my Squirt team had taken that shot, I would have told him to get to a better angle or dish it to someone who already had one.

At least Loui was positioned perfectly in front and it was not a fluke.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
On the last play it seemed like Bobrovsky could have got to the puck first, but then realized that it was Lucic barreling down the ice.

Agreed. When he camera panned over I was shocked that Bob wasn't going for the puck. Then I realized the freight train was coming.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Quick thoughts:

Looch is playing at an extremely high level right now, and the fact that he has 8 goals is only part of it. Team MVP to this point, IMO.

It's amazing how much more the third line is giving us this year.

Marchand struggled.

The d-core, as a whole, struggled with the puck on their sticks, though I thought Bart had one of his better games, if not his best game of the season.

The Bs are right where they need to be at this point in the season: squarely in the playoff race and rounding into form.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
didn't get home until 4 minutes left in the second. but 93.5 will simulcast the 98.5 feed. I was able to get a signal from Springfield, MA all the way up 91 and over route (NH).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
9 outta 10 pts on the homestand, for a team with room to improve....call me pretty satisfied with how things are goin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad