Pre-Game Talk: GM 16: Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars - Feb 21 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
With Seabrook out and Emery in net. This whole attitude of pretending there was nothing wrong with last night's game is just so delusional. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

No, I just don't see it as an utter meltdown. Defence was a big issue because AV is enjoying the Yahtzee cup strategy of defensive pairings.

And it's their own problem Emery sucks. So does Crawford. It's hardly to their favour when neither goalie is good.

And the reffing was piss poor in both directions.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
There goes the new lines tomorrow, hopefully kassian or booth gets moved to keslers line and not raymond.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks new D-pairs: hamhuis-Bieksa / Edler-Tanev, Garrison-Ballard.

To be honest I like it.

Worth a try.

I was screaming from the rooftops to have Edler and Tanev together last year when AV was bungling the pairings going into the playoffs.

All three pairings should get similar ES time.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
IMO they'll win this one for Hansen.

So what are the updated forward lines?

My guess - 4-2 Canucks.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I was screaming from the rooftops to have Edler and Tanev together last year when AV was bungling the pairings going into the playoffs.

All three pairings should get similar ES time.

Hopefully they get more than a game to see how this goes.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
this would be my best guess at what AV will do

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Higgins
Booth Schoeder Weise
Volpatti Lappy Kassian

You could swap booth and Raymond if you want, but I don't think AV will do it. I don't think Kassian gets promoted either and it seems Weise gets most of the promotions

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I hope not, would rather move kassian up instead of weise, even if kassian has not been playing well hes still better then weise who hardly touches the puck.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I hope not, would rather move kassian up instead of weise, even if kassian has not been playing well hes still better then weise who hardly touches the puck.

same here, just think that Weise is an AV favourite and has moved up seemingly most of th season

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Better effort please. Don't care about the result, just want a better ****ing effort and the result will play itself out.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
gotta feeling the canucks are gonna blow dallas out.

6-0

schredda
keslerx2
higgins
burr
mayray

stoneboat

Apr 11, 2010
Just some decent execution and some crisp, tape-to-tape passes, please. And a minimum of giveaways. Okay, and some grade-A scoring chances from someone not named Sedin.

Also: how about we put Bieksa on that third line, since that's where he so obviously wants to be?

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Interesting Defense hope they can do some damage. Garrison with a rocket I want them to set him up. This is when we end the losing steak!!!

My predictions for the rest of the road trip.

Canucks vs Stars = 3-1 Canucks in Regulation
Canucks vs Predators = 2-1 Canucks in Regulation
Canucks vs Red Wings = 4-3 Canucks in OT

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
With Seabrook out and Emery in net. This whole attitude of pretending there was nothing wrong with last night's game is just so delusional. Whatever makes you feel better, I guess.

I agree our game was poor but I don't think Seabrook/Crawford would have made a huge difference. Their record without Seabrook against us seems the same (it might even be better) and Emery is .925 on the season (was before last nights games). I don't think Crawford would have made any difference either.

Players making bonehead mistrakes is on the players, but our issues are way bigger than that. We get burned by Chicago in the same ways game after game.we have structural issues and I blame coaching, at some point a plan has to be put into place to counter act it.

I am glad we had Schneider in goal last night, Luongo might be the better goalie overall I don't like him against breakaways. I could see him getting lit up for 6 goals and nobody would have blamed him, Schneider was better suited to last night. Luongo would have got us the win against Dallas though.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I would go with this line up

Sedin Sedin Kass
Higgins Kesler Burr
Ray Schredda Booth
Volpatti Lappy Weise

Hamjuice
Garrison Edler --- give them another chance
Ballard Tanev

Schniederman
Lu

s2kboi

Jul 10, 2006
Luongo isn't starting again? I want to see Lu to start more games because I have a little more faith in him than I do with Schneider. But oh well, here's the prediction 5-2 Canucks

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I would go with this line up

Sedin Sedin Kass
Higgins Kesler Burr
Ray Schredda Booth
Volpatti Lappy Weise

Hamjuice
Garrison Edler --- give them another chance
Ballard Tanev

Schniederman
Lu

I like this lineup, especially the Edler-Garrison pairing, but I would swap Burrows and Kassian since Burrows is a better fit for them right now.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Luongo isn't starting again? I want to see Lu to start more games because I have a little more faith in him than I do with Schneider. But oh well, here's the prediction 5-2 Canucks

Schneider earned the right to keep the net after his performance in Chicago.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
"Easiest way to fix this is stick the 2 guys who have been playing their roles up to par this year together play them 20+ minutes. Put the Hamhuis - Bieksa pairing back together and let them figure it out. Rotate Ballard, Barker, and Vandeermeer with Garrison until you find a pairing that can at least box out the net and chip it off the glass. Which ever pairing is playing better play them as the second pairing until Hamhuis Bieksa figure it out."

Posted this in last nights PGT. So happy to see AV do the obvious fix for once. I personally predict the defence as a whole will have it's best stretch in recent memory if left together in this setup.

As for everyone complaining about Garrison being on the 3rd pairing even strength, it's the same principle as having a 2A and 2B line, if you have the personel it lightens the load on all the players involved.

And being on the 3rd pairing even strength doesn't stop him from being on the the penalty kill. What stops him from being there is himself, once he gets used to the system I can see Garrison as our #2 pk defencemen behind Hamhuis.

Also I would love to see Hamhuis - Garrison as the second unit pp. Would work wonder's for Garrison to have a defencemen who likes to pass more than shoot playing accross from him on the PP(not Edler or Bieksa)

Crows*

Choked away a two goal lead more spectacularly than the Canucks have this year.

THey also almost blew the 3-0 lead they had against LA on sunday.

Just remember.. the year we were 1 game from the cup, we lost 7-1 to chicago.

No need for everyone to panic here. Look at the hawks record. No one has beat them yet this year.. in 16 games! They are terrorizing everyone.

Boston had a similar start last year and look what happend to them.

TheFinch

Feb 10, 2013
title

Ok I just have something to say that's not quite related to the pre game...
Why can't we have the fans that cheered for henrik Sedin's record goal at the last game with dallas at home all the time? lol I know it is foolish but the way that crowd was giving the team love was just amazing.

Cheer your hearts out, and stand with your team. seventh man or not I don't mind.
Let's not follow the standard and get quiet if your teams struggling or falling behind.

There may be problems but with any team that succeeds they will need to face that adversity and learn. Stubborn as it seems we need to keep our truculence :) with our team as fans. That ovation gave me shivers.

I Don't want it to stop

Thanks , Finch

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
ballard/garrison pairing=could work or be a diasaster.. can garrison play right side at all even strength

I wouldn't put Garrison on the right. IMO leave the dependable defenseman on his strong side, put Ballard on the right. Last time it was tried he wasn't playing even close to the level he is at now, and his skating makes him the most likely to be able to switch to the right.

If it doesn't work after a couple games but the other 2 pairings are fine, try swapping them around. If that doesn't work its time to cut our losses with Ballard.

This is coming from someone who thought that Ballard would turn it around, but even as he plays better than he has ever in a canucks uniform there's still obviously the lack of a slap shot and the in ability to make a pass once the zone is gained with his speed.

It's a useless luxury to have a 4.2 mill defense only defenseman on a team with 2 defense first guys making 4.5 mill each already. And they both bring other attributes that Ballard doesn't plus better defence. Especially if he's scratched.

Last edited:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Have we had Edler - Tanev at some instance?

I guess it would be to tentative to have Tanev on the ice appr. 6 more minutes (not counting pp) a game.

I just wonder as Edler could switch back then and that should be a positive thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad