Pre-Game Talk: GM 16: Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars - Feb 21 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Chicago deserves credit they are playing great. Vancouver needs some work and one more very good forward like has been said. However, Chicago is beatable over a 7 game series. When they have a injury in one of the top four, Kane, Towes, Kane, Keith they go from a very good team to just a good team. Like Bleach say Vancouver needs a forth very good player. They cannot have 5.3 million in salary sitting on the bench if he can help get they that player. Weiss, b prospect 2nd round pick would be fine with me. Deep draft and Florida struggling means the 2nd would be a descent prospect. Weiss is probably as good or better than Bollard with everyone matching up with Henrik and Kesler he should provide some offense. There is a big opportunity this year i hope we take it. This roster is good but not a cup winner yet IMO.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
hopefully we get back some new lines since they fail to work last game

Sedin-Burrows
American express line
Speed line
energy/checking line

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks new D-pairs: hamhuis-Bieksa / Edler-Tanev, Garrison-Ballard.

To be honest I like it.

Worth a try.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks new D-pairs: hamhuis-Bieksa / Edler-Tanev, Garrison-Ballard.

To be honest I like it.

Worth a try.

:laugh: about time.

Hammer is the best babysitter for juice. they had great success in the 2011 playoffs together, so you might as well try and keep them together. I like Edler with Tanev as well. Ballard is playing well too. Good to see these pairs. I like that Edler is on the left side. They were trying to force him to play the right side, right?

Gotta love our $8.8 million 3rd pairing, but we can't keep lu/schneider together because spending ~$9.5 mill on our MVPs is just crossing the line. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
One thing I also like about the D pairing is you have a passer and shooter on each pair.

Tanev Ballard just passed and passed up good scoring chances, Garrison and bieksa were both shooters.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
New forward combos per Twitter as well;

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Schroeder - Raymond
Weise/Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Makes sense. Let booth and raymond fly down the wings and let schroeder feed them pretty passes. Keep raymond as far away from kesler as possible. They just don't work together.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Forward lines worth a try to, although I might swap hansen for booth.

Although did someone say he (booth) is much better on left wing? I cant remember.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
ballard's play (and confidence) is at the highest it's been since he got here so i guess now would be the best time to try him out on the right side again

M A K A V E L I*

If that doesn't work, put Burrows with Kesler on the 2nd and Kassian on the 1st. I don't think the Sedin slow start was due to Burrows not playing with them, but just a bit of rust.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
That third line is going to be fast, fast, fast! Booth is a better finisher than Hansen, so that should be interesting to see.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
That third line is going to be fast, fast, fast! Booth is a better finisher than Hansen, so that should be interesting to see.

He's about to receive more filthy dishes than...the dishwasher at a busy restaurant? Sorry I'm new at this.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like the forward lines. Exactly what I would have tried.

On D, I really wonder if this is the end of right side Edler permanently. If so, maybe the Ballard for a right side D-man rumors start up really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad