Post-Game Talk: [GM 14] Canucks lose to Canadiens | 2-5 | Schenn & Hoglander

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yeah. Rathbone is 23 it’s not looking good for his NHL future.

1668106712174.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not unexpected.
Too much pressure on too few players.

Miller feels the weight of his new contract and Demko the expectations of knowing ne goal is enough to break the team.

Can't blame Bruce, can't blame the players, this is Benning blunder but some of the blame was embraced by the new management. Hockey people that were afraid to do a major move and have totally misread the distrust of the fans.

Players are doing the best they can, it is just a bad miss

This is getting to bag games, a bag for me and a bag for you.
Maybe buy a different jersey out of embarrassment, not changing team allegiance, just not to be laughed at.
Do you realize how frightening that suggestion is? If the 'players are doing the best they can'', then what happens when the inevitable happens during the regular season, and they're not at their best?

I mean they're dead last in the NHL on the PK: and third worst in goals against. But I guess that's the best they can do. Yikes!

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Do you realize how frightening that suggestion is? If the 'players are doing the best they can'', then what happens when the inevitable happens during the regular season, and they're not at their best?

I mean they're dead last in the NHL on the PK: and third worst in goals against. But I guess that's the best they can do. Yikes!
No one is going to get hurt for this team, at least not the high priced talent. Players seem to be playing their individual games t least the one's here for awhile now. Petey is playing his game which is why he looks so good, Horvat knows goal scoring gets him a few million more and better choices in FA, Miller I think wants out PDQ, Pearson is showing he would be a good playoff performer as most of those penalties don't get called.

Players showcasing THEIR games don't need the team to win as long as they get good numbers so they can be traded.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Schenn is the model of consistency from an underlying aspect on most nights
not a world beater, just consistent.
View attachment 606121
I’m hoping for his sake, he gets moved to a contender. Seems like a good guy/teammate and he brings it every night which sadly can’t be said for the majority of this roster

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I’m hoping for his sake, he gets moved to a contender. Seems like a good guy/teammate and he brings it every night which sadly can’t be said for the majority of this roster

Yeah what a legend.
Just that lunch pale worker mentality with a simplistic game
Plus He's now the top defenceman on the roster on a game by game basis for underlying numbers

Plus I like him even more after he got after Miller on the ice for selfish hockey

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
- Once Miller coughed up the puck for the 3rd goal, it was curtains. If we're going to lose anyway, I'd rather we score the first 3 goals, instead of what happened last night. At least our collapses are entertaining.

- Pettersson continues his 2-way play consistently. Grateful for that.

- Schenn chose to play for the Canucks (closer to home) and has 2 rings. Whatever team trades for him would need to know that he'd be willing to report. I hope he stays as a 5-6. Move other assets to improve D.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
- Once Miller coughed up the puck for the 3rd goal, it was curtains. If we're going to lose anyway, I'd rather we score the first 3 goals, instead of what happened last night. At least our collapses are entertaining.

- Pettersson continues his 2-way play consistently. Grateful for that.

- Schenn chose to play for the Canucks (closer to home) and has 2 rings. Whatever team trades for him would need to know that he'd be willing to report. I hope he stays as a 5-6. Move other assets to improve D.
Seemed to me that when Pearson got that call in the opening seconds of the game..and the Habs scored (since our pathetic PK is an automatic goal for the opposition) ….the die was cast for the rest of the game.

Something is definitely wrong if you can’t ‘bring it’ to play at the Bell Center In Montreal.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Seemed to me that when Pearson got that call in the opening seconds of the game..and the Habs scored (since our pathetic PK is an automatic goal for the opposition) ….the die was cast for the rest of the game.

Something is definitely wrong if you can’t ‘bring it’ to play at the Bell Center In Montreal.

19 seconds into the game is just hamstringing you so bad.

80% of the roster hasn’t even had a single shift and you are just out there surviving in the 1st minute of the game already.
And giving the other teams best players tee’d up scoring chances to warm up.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010

Yeah, never mind that we can't kill a penalty, but why does a ref call a penalty in the 1st minute of play unless it's really egregious. The hooking called on Pearson was repeated and not called (on both sides) throughout the game.

Bottom line, so far Demko is not bailing out our mistakes like he did in the past.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Won't get an argument from me there...I just don't think we've had great coaching to go along with our shoddy lineups. It's been a colossal failure from the very top, to the very bottom.
I'll agree a bit regarding the coaching TG was horrible, this is the same coach who publicly stated that this team can't play a run and gun type game, because their not built for that type of hockey, and they have to play tight close 1 goal difference type of game and have their goalie peppered over and over again to just sit back and hope the other team makes a mistake. Then we saw that wasn't true when Bruce took over last year, the offensive woke up because he likes to coach an offensive style game, the players could play it. Although Demko was bailing this team out still because of the style a bit, but the D still wasn't good, it got a little better when Walker came in, but the players were still trash.

And yes Benning is to blame for a lot because he left this mess of players, and made just stupid decisions, I get it's not easy to fix, but it needs to be fixed and that's on JR and Allvin to start fixing. Instead they're trying to point blame at others which is ridiculous, especially when the guy behind the bench has proven his success, what a slap in someones face.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I'll agree a bit regarding the coaching TG was horrible, this is the same coach who publicly stated that this team can't play a run and gun type game, because their not built for that type of hockey, and they have to play tight close 1 goal difference type of game and have their goalie peppered over and over again to just sit back and hope the other team makes a mistake. Then we saw that wasn't true when Bruce took over last year, the offensive woke up because he likes to coach an offensive style game, the players could play it. Although Demko was bailing this team out still because of the style a bit, but the D still wasn't good, it got a little better when Walker came in, but the players were still trash.

And yes Benning is to blame for a lot because he left this mess of players, and made just stupid decisions, I get it's not easy to fix, but it needs to be fixed and that's on JR and Allvin to start fixing. Instead they're trying to point blame at others which is ridiculous, especially when the guy behind the bench has proven his success, what a slap in someones face.
Nailed it. Rutherford looking like a guy who lacks accountability right now. Not good.

Reactions: ChuckNorris4Cup

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
My mistake.
Hence why is even more on JR imo because he made the decision to let Walker go and get other people who are failing more now, but instead of putting the blame on him he's trying direct it at others, old trick for and old man.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

IMHO Green is right. The trash can't play run and gun because it can't defend well enough to counter teams coming at them. OTOH they can't win playing Green's conservative defensive game plans.

Might as well suck playing offensive hockey.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
IMHO Green is right. The trash can't play run and gun because it can't defend well enough to counter teams coming at them. OTOH they can't win playing Green's conservative defensive game plans.

Might as well suck playing offensive hockey.
Well yeah because Green was trying to keep a job in the NHL, but it was punishing the offense because they weren't allowed to forcheck and try and score, but it was also ridiculous to put your goalie through that much work every night because your afraid of high scoring games and looking like a coach who doesn't know what he's doing.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I guarantee you if Myers and OEL were not here and we had 2 other legit top 4 D, this team could succeed playing the run and gun style and play more offensively better under Bruces style no doubt, because you would have BETTER D. I'm tired of watching this team play a defensive game which is freaking boring I don't want to go back to that because upper management doesn't want to fix the problem, instead double down and sign players who should of been traded.

JR and Allvin need to start putting on their big boy pants and fix the problem, instead of blaming others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad