Pezzetta-Evans-Armia

Guhle-Savard
Edmundson-Xhekaj
Harris-Kovacevic

Montembault

Last edited:

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Slafkovsky is having a meeting with the DoPS about boarding Matt Luf, so he probably won't be playing tonight.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's critical to string some wins together, and it would do wonders for this team's confidence level as well.

They were brutal in periods 1 and 2 yesterday, but managed to put together their best 3rd period (low bar, I know) of the season. Hopefully they can ride that momentum into this one.

Also, hopefully Demko rounds into form. We go nowhere without that.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Last game resembled the end of last season where the goalie stopped hundreds of shots and the Canucks were scoring at an insane rate and percentage.

Canucks could get a boost from the NHL suspending two players, missing Anderson alone will have an impact.

Canucks looked very slow in Ottawa for the most part

Both teams played last night but Canucks didn't really have to travel so they may have a wee bit of an edge.

Really a pick'em game but still a must win game.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Is it me or have the Canucks played mostly mediocre to very bad teams so far?

I guess Philly and Edmonton way back when are solid and maybe Seattle?

These games have definitely not been an advert for quality teams playing quality hockey.

They should be able to ride the 3rd period last night to a win tonight.

I’d move JT back to wing.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's critical to string some wins together, and it would do wonders for this team's confidence level as well.

They were brutal in periods 1 and 2 yesterday, but managed to put together their best 3rd period (low bar, I know) of the season. Hopefully they can ride that momentum into this one.

Also, hopefully Demko rounds into form. We go nowhere without that.

After a disastrous 0-5-2 start, Canucks have been 4-1-1 since. It’s trending up, let’s hope Demko has a good game tonight.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'm very intrigued to watch Arber Xhekaj play hockey. Saw his toughness shine, but very interested to see him defend. Man imagine if we pulled a defender like that out of our asses

Reactions: Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I got an interview just before this game, well a little before, I wonder if the game can be delayed to meet my schedule??

• Haha

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Win this game, and beat Toronto on Saturday and we're 6-6-3.
What the f***?

I had to double check the standings.

I'm very intrigued to watch Arber Xhekaj play hockey. Saw his toughness shine, but very interested to see him defend. Man imagine if we pulled a defender like that out of our asses
vancouver-canucks-defenseman-kevin-bieksa-r-and-chicago-blackhawks-forward-matthew-barnaby-fight-moments-after-the-start-of-their-game-in-chicago-january-5-2006-reutersfrank-polich-2E7T5KM.jpg

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If we're actually a good team we win this game.

B2B but against a shorthanded tanking team and we're mostly healthy now.

No excuses.

EDIT: Montreal actually on B2B as well and probably worse travel situation (cross-border).

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Should be a good one today.

Also question to all Nucks fans during this these times :

Will a moral victory be good enough tonight ?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The hockey gods have been cruel to the Canucks this season, but they delivered in spades in yesterdays tilt with the Sens..Pretty much the worst first two periods I've seen them play this season..More surprisingly, the period in which they usually collapse was their best of the night...A good 3rd period by the Canucks last night with some timely goals.

I'm going to put down the first couple of periods yesterday, to the team not having its skating legs...They better be ready tonight though, against a young, improved, well coached team.

Canucks are healthy, so all good...and I'm guessing Demko in net.

On a side note..I wouldnt recommend any Canucks dropping the mitts with Xhekaj..Has to be one of the toughest guys in the league.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Haven’t been more impressed with the fighting ability in a young player since that player was Zack Kassisn ending Ben Eager’s career. Ironic that this kid laid that impressive beat down on Zack.

Reactions: MS and Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Should be a good one today.

Also question to all Nucks fans during this these times :

Will a moral victory be good enough tonight ?
All I ask for is a moral victory, screw points, just a 15% effort for at least 25% of the time

Reactions: quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Canucks put together two periods like they did in Ottawa last night, they'll be buried tonight.

Don't think I've seen a Canuck look so slow and disengaged. They were miles behind the play most of the night. In the first 10 minutes alone, Martin was eyeball-to-eyeball with a half dozen shooters.

Rutherford can preach all he wants about 'structure', but if your team can't skate or win puck battles, then 'structure' is just a worthless term.

Two teams on a back-to-back tonight, so it could be sloppy. Demko will have to up his game.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Hoglander seems like to me the type of player who’s prime starts at 28. I think he can grow into a very effective player if developed right. He has the will for sure, he is in the f***ing show

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
We are normally slow-footed and poor defensively; it will only be worse on the 2nd game of a back to back. I fully expect lots of bad defensive breakdowns, lazy penalties that lead to multiple goals, a non-urgent PP with a SHG against, and all sorts of time and space for Suzuki and Caufield - followed by a bunch of chest pounding Habs fans. We need to score at least 5 or 6 goals, because you damn well know we are giving up at least 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3