GDT: GM#11 LA Kings vs New York Rangers @12:30pm 10/28/18- Half Assed GDT Version!

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Can't remember what winning feels like
84.gif

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't think Amadio was doing anything to warrant being in the NHL, you can blame coaching all day but Amadio has to take a step.

Same for Kempe and his 1 goal in his last 42 NHL games, that's not on Stevens. Just like Stevens was not responsible for Kopitar's-Brown's career years last year.

Look at Winnipeg. People say they're struggling. They were terrific last year though. Same coach. Same system. Laine has 3g and 5pts in 12 games, Ehlers has 1g and 4pts in 12 games, while Hellebuyck has the numbers he had 2 years ago. Go to the TB board. There are people that want Cooper fired. A lot of people all over Stamkos too. There's some anti-Sullivan Pens fans. Vegas was the toast of the league last year, and currently the only team that scores less is our favorite bunch. Same coach and system from last year in sin city.

John Tortorella was on the Columbus dispatch podcast ,when asked about the new NHL:

John Tortorella "It's terrible we have pretty much somehow sucked all the emotion out of the game, the product on the ice is terrible". "Scoring is slighty up though so I guess the suits up top are happy about that".

Haha blunt and honest.

You need the dirty stuff for the emotion to build. The fighting, the bad hits, the cheap shots, etc. Take all that out, or decrease it a lot, and the only thing left that can build emotion is the circumstance of a game, but there aren't enough moments for that. Especially in the regular season. If a team can't have a few fights at the end of a blowout loss in October or November, those games just peter out. There's an increased acceptance in losing 6-0. You can't be the poor sport anymore. Can't take out your frustrations on others. Tough to build any animosity between teams when that's the reality.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
Kovalchuk-Kempe-Lewis
Clifford-Thompson-Wagner

Forbort-Doughty
Muzzin-Martinez
Phaneuf-Walker

Campbell

i really can't stand Thompson anymore

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Would have liked to have seen a couple of games with Amadio and Wagner on a line. That was fun as hell. Not much else to watch for.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Last home game against the Rangers Kempe fought Smith and Clifford wanted to fight the entire Rangers roster.

KingsRule

Jul 1, 2008
SoCal
Kovy on the third line with useless line mates??? He’s gotta be pissed he left Russia for this garbage..

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What a dumb decision to drop the gloves Clifford when the Kings have the rare momentum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad