GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Oilers are garbage.....

how many first overall picks they need and they still suck.
I bet you anything McDavid secretly wishes he played for any other team.
Cold, boring ugly city, and a team that cant figure it out
As an Oilers fan I am disappointed in your assessment but it's your house. I will say that I hope you guys gave a good season and I am jealous of your getting Holtby. You guys have a great goalie coach in Ian Clark.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As an Oilers fan I am disappointed in your assessment but it's your house. I will say that I hope you guys gave a good season and I am jealous of your getting Holtby. You guys have a great goalie coach in Ian Clark.

I said it in my previous post, the Oilers last good defensive unit was back during the 2006 Cup Finals year. 15 years of misses is a long time.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Oilers are garbage.....

how many first overall picks they need and they still suck.
I bet you anything McDavid secretly wishes he played for any other team.
Cold, boring ugly city, and a team that cant figure it out

Oilers haven’t had a good defense since their Stanley Cup run of 2005-2006.

Thats 15 years of defensive ineptitude.
Coming in to this season everyone and their uncle knew the Oilers needed to upgrade their defense and goaltending. They really didn’t do that and yet there are more predictions with Oilers in the playoffs instead of Canucks. Too many hockey “experts” are dazzled by the McDrai combo and let that overrule the Oilers deficiencies

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I said it in my previous post, the Oilers last good defensive unit was back during the 2006 Cup Finals year. 15 years of misses is a long time.
Absolutely. Since Katz took over the Oilers the team has been in utter disarray. Fortunately with signing Koekkoek and Barrie and having Bouchard waiting in the wings it is probably the best since the 06 run.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Olli was good tonight, that first goal was more Yamamoto committing two penalty than him making a mistake. If you want to be uncharitable maybe he had the puck too long (still his second NHL game, mistakes will happen).

He faced down Draisaitl a bunch of times and only got burned once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad