Friedman: GM’s Believe Florida Will Strongly Consider Breaking Up Their Core

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
As a Habs fan I would be very, very interested in Barkov.

Kotkaniemi + Mete + 2020 1st (8th overall) + both our 2nd round pick 2020 (#39, #40)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not sure how many Habs fans would do this but I would... Hate to trade any of our futures but I would make a move on Huberdeau if we don't win a top 3 spot in the lottery.

- Huberdeau
for
- KK
- Habs 1st with top 3 protection (6-10 range pick)
Not even close, Like i told the other Montreal poster. If Tallon trades Huberdeau it's for an high end LD. Which Montreal can't provide. So Montreal and Florida don't make good trading partner here then.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
This Avs fan would be ready to trade pieces like Byram, Newhook, 1st round pick etc in order to get one of Barkov or Huberdeau. You gotta give to get.

For example: Tyson Jost, Alex Newhook & 2020 1st rounder for Jonathan Huberdeau could be a base of an offer.
Huberdeau is already miles above both Jost and Newhook, Huberdeau would cost Byram and then some.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm really curious to see what approach the Panthers take this offseason. Granted, a shake-up to the core might be needed, but a lot depends on what "type" of direction Florida wants to go in. Do they want to "win now"? If so, any deal they make will likely be a straight-up hockey deal and not a trade for futures. However, if they want to load-up on picks/prospects to gel with their young prospects, things could get very interesting.

Example hockey deals for the Panthers...

Monahan, Hanifin and 1st rounder
for
Barkov

or

Jost and Byram
for
Huberdeau

or

Mittelstadt and Ristolainen
for
Ekblad and a 2nd

But, if the Panther decide to go "full-rebuild" they could go the route of the Senators and deal some vets for an absolute haul of prospects/picks over the next couple years.
If Barkov is dealt, It's for a highend impacted LD sorry Hanifin isn't one think Werenski or Byram. Probably take Newhook and Byram for Huberdeau. And that Buffalo trade is pure :laugh: Ristolainen would return a 2nd so you're telling me that Mittelstadt whom's been playing like trash returns Ekblad.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Yeah good luck with that,, Tallon will want a high end LD coming back for Huberdeau. And Montreal doesn't have one.

I wouldn't go for huberdeau. I said My GM could go for local product > need. And by the way there is nothing you can do, he wins all his trades. He doesn't fix our problems, but he will bend you over by telling you Mete has shades of Paul Coffey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad