OT: Gluten Free Beer

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Firefly carries Greens which is the best I've found in town.

Keep in mind that the gluten content in most beer is really low. Lagers tend to be under 10 mg/L. Lagers are better than ales and barley beers are better than wheat beers (obviously). If you're celiac you probably want to avoid them but they probably aren't an issue if you're just intolerant.

EDIT: As for the German beer thing, it's not the yeast but the fact that German beer is mostly made from barley and only barley (unless you're drinking a wheat ale).

craigcaulks*

Scotch is gluten free. (Excuse me for filling in for Wetcoaster.)

To do it correctly you'd next to mention it's age, where it came from and how much more you know about scotch than anyone else.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
What's the point of drinking beer if you're going to turn it into something healthy? I say, cut out gluten foods but reward yourself with an ice cold Hofbrau beer. By giving yourself some sort of reward like that it'll help you keep your dietary change going longer than you probably originally thought you could.

That's not how it works.

craigcaulks*

What's the point of drinking beer if you're going to turn it into something healthy? I say, cut out gluten foods but reward yourself with an ice cold Hofbrau beer. By giving yourself some sort of reward like that it'll help you keep your dietary change going longer than you probably originally thought you could.

Perhaps if his question was about a good alcohol free and gluten free beer you'd be on to something. But I do like the logic, cut out gluten then load up on gluten as a reward.

sirlaxalot

Jan 9, 2008
red bridge.i believe it5's made by anhuaser bush. not much more expensive than other beers. my wife is celiac ,and she likes it. you can get it at most grocery stores in the u.s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad