Former Bruins Glen Murray

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That was a nice blast from the past. Still have a home Murray jersey that I wear from time to time. I was not a happy camper when the cheapass Bs traded Allison (one of my all time favorite Bs), but I quickly warmed up to having Murray back with the Bs. Always made sure he led the league in goals and Jumbo led in assists in NHL videogames I played back in that time period.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That was a nice blast from the past. Still have a home Murray jersey that I wear from time to time. I was not a happy camper when the cheapass Bs traded Allison (one of my all time favorite Bs), but I quickly warmed up to having Murray back with the Bs. Always made sure he led the league in goals and Jumbo led in assists in NHL videogames I played back in that time period.
There is someone at many of the Bs home games that wears a #27 Muzz jersey

Reactions: missingchicklet

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Great career, personally only really only really followed him during his last tour with the Bruins.

He was great with Thornton, but unfortunately he should have been the next player moved after that whole debacle.

While he had moderate success with Savard, probably would have been more valuable as an asset than what the Bruins did with him.

As others have stated the game passed him by, and his contribution and skating deteriorated near the end and we weren't quite on the upswing yet. IMO probably should/would have been better as a trade asset after Thornton was gone.

This all said, have nothing but respect for the guy.

Correct, but they said "The best goal scorer this franchise had between Neely and Pastrnak". Middleton was before Cam
Ah, I guess that could have been interpreted a couple ways.

One, chronologically, which you are definitely correct.

Or two, skill wise on a list, which is how I initially interpreted it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I remember the Habs fan's tears on the forums after the Murray goal when Kovalev tried to draw the call and then collided with ( Souray? ). Good times!

Muzz was a great goal scorer. He should have flirted with 450 goals with that shot of his, but injuries in his last few years and retiring at 34 derailed that.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad