Glass/Necas/Pettersson

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Pettersson

Necas
Glass

The last two are more difficult because glass is very safe and necas has some questions, but i still like his upside more. Pettersson I personally just see weight concerns as an issue but he is already playing in a mens league.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I have only watched Swedish prospects closely, so I have no idea how good Pettersson is in comparison, but I know that he is talented, a good point producer, and the team that pick him is likely to be happy with what they get.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
I like Pettersson much better than the other two. I really hope the Canucks pick him, even though it seems like the majority of the fan base is on team Glass.

Pettersson looks like he has that elite potential.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I like Pettersson much better than the other two. I really hope the Canucks pick him, even though it seems like the majority of the fan base is on team Glass.

Pettersson looks like he has that elite potential.

Few players in this draft have elite potential. I don't even know if hischier or Patrick should be considered elite as they are right on the borderline. I think people will be disappointed if you're expecting to get an elite player with whoever the Canucks select at 5. Be happy if our pick turns into another bo horvat.

Feel bad for the kid that puts on the canuck sweater tomorrow because it seems like they will face immense pressure and unrealistic expectations.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Easy.

Glass is a future #2 C at the NHL level but could easily develop into that prized #1

Necas will never be more than a 3rd line energy player.

Pettersson's game does not translate well to the NHL...Guaranteed bust.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
1. Glass
2. Necas
3. Pettersson

Love Glass, have him over Vilardi actually and 3rd overall in the draft. Also a fan of Necas, have him ranked 8th overall in this class. Not a big fan of Pettersson but respect his upside. I'm down on him compared to most people since i have him ranked 13th overall. Worried about how well his game will translate, feel like Necas' game suits the NA game better.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Necas is the fast skater of the 3 and best puck handler of the 3. He is also the most electrifying player out of all 3. He's also the only one that was part of a team champion ship.

I will not be surprise to see him go ahead of glass.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
High floor doesn't necessarily mean low ceiling. Glass has great potential, IMO

I in no way said that just because he is safe he has low upside.... just that he will be a safe pick, i do however not see as high of upside with him and we shall find out in the next couple of years, not because he is safe, just that I dont see the high end talent when i watched him.

Vilardi is also a safe pick but i see much higher upside with him. Again we will find out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad