Confirmed with Link: Glass for Patrick - UPD: Howden from NYR

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Nashville opened up 10.5 million in space and what money Seattle may pick.

I think there's some chance they are part of retention in a goalie trade with us. Or maybe just the actual trading partner to be finalized after the expansion draft.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Giving up too early on Glass, but Patrick is still young enough to develop into a good player up the middle. If he can stay healthy (big if) this will be a good one.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What an absolutely terrible f***ing deal for Vegas.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
His QO must be at a minimum 917,831.

Didn't Philadelphia already qualify him? He didn't sign it, and Vegas can negotiate for what they think is fair(900k or less imo).

Even if Vegas has to qualify him & he takes it, 917k with no bonuses isn't much.

Last edited:

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Sounds like people hate this trade, I just think it's a nothing burger. Patrick was second selection in draft, so obviously he has talent I think Glass is going to be a bust. Probably neither will amount to much.

Reactions: Vegas07

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I hope the pastures are greener for Glass though. I did not see an NHL player. The only time I saw anything promising was him playing with Patches in pre season 2019. After that it seemed injuries took over and Gallant line juggling him.

I just hope Patrick is actually healthy enough to play. I bet we all hope Krebs pans out even more now.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Nashville opened up 10.5 million in space and what money Seattle may pick.

I think there's some chance they are part of retention in a goalie trade with us. Or maybe just the actual trading partner to be finalized after the expansion draft.

with all that cap space, maybe they'll trade Glass for Eichel:sarcasm:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So we keep Glass and trade Suzuki. Then we go ahead and trade Glass for a player that might be one bad hit away from never playing hockey again?

:dunno:

Reactions: Pia8988

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
So we keep Glass and trade Suzuki. Then we go ahead and trade Glass for a player that might be one bad hit away from never playing hockey again?

:dunno:
Our inability to develop players does not bode well for us..... or is it our supreme ability to give up on players at the slight drop of a hat. One of the two.

Reactions: Pia8988

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Our inability to develop players does not bode well for us..... or is it our supreme ability to give up on players at the slight drop of a hat. One of the two.

I feel like whenever this team becomes bad, it will get really bad.

just cannot keep on trading away our top prospects and not expect any consequences.

I have a bad feeling that Krebs is next on the list to be traded.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

An owner who meddles in who stays or goes?

A GM who is unable to look anywhere for players than a province that's 3.6% of Canada's population?

I'm beginning to think we have some worries in the future of the team and our early success may be solely on our pro scouting department.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
McCrimmon would fire DeBoer over this.

This isn't about what's best for the team, this is a GM pet project.

Patrick is only here because McCrimmon was the owner when Patrick won the memorial cup at 16. The problem is everything that has happened to Patrick since then. Patrick is starting 1c

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
"Remember when the Golden Knights fell to No. 6 in the 2017 NHL entry draft lottery and selected Cody Glass in that spot. If they'd been at No. 2, they would have taken Nolan Patrick, because he'd played for Kelly McCrimmon's WHL team in Brandon>Now, the two are united again. Patrick needed a fresh start. Getting the chance to do it in Vegas seems like a perfect fit."

Would we have really taken him over Heiskanen, Makar or Pettersson?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Sounds like people hate this trade, I just think it's a nothing burger. Patrick was second selection in draft, so obviously he has talent I think Glass is going to be a bust. Probably neither will amount to much.

Yeah, and even if Glass succeeds somewhere else, it doesn’t mean he would have succeeded here. To me that would just confirm we did a horrible job trying to develop him (Did we try to develop him?).

Last edited:

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
"Remember when the Golden Knights fell to No. 6 in the 2017 NHL entry draft lottery and selected Cody Glass in that spot. If they'd been at No. 2, they would have taken Nolan Patrick, because he'd played for Kelly McCrimmon's WHL team in Brandon>Now, the two are united again. Patrick needed a fresh start. Getting the chance to do it in Vegas seems like a perfect fit."

Would we have really taken him over Heiskanen, Makar or Pettersson?

Yes. Pretty much everyone would have actually, even though they won’t admit it now.

Patrick was pretty much expected to go first OA, it was a bit of a shock he didn’t. If VGK has the 5th pick they would have gone Glass over Pettersson.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah, and even if Glass succeeds somewhere else, it doesn’t mean he would have succeeded here. To me that would just confirm we did a horrible job trying to develop him (Did we try to develop him?).

It's still a bad trade on value alone. Patrick's injury concerns lower his value pretty significantly below Glass. It's bad use of assets. If you want to trade Glass and get Patrick you get something on top of it.

If you want Howden you get him for a seventh and not a fourth. If you want Tatar you get him for a second not a first, second and third.

We've had an abundance of assets because of the expansion draft and have squandered a lot in bad value trades regardless if we like the player or not.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's still a bad trade on value alone. Patrick's injury concerns lower his value pretty significantly below Glass. It's bad use of assets. If you want to trade Glass and get Patrick you get something on top of it.

If you want Howden you get him for a seventh and not a fourth. If you want Tatar you get him for a second not a first, second and third.

We've had an abundance of assets because of the expansion draft and have squandered a lot in bad value trades regardless if we like the player or not.

Patrick's hilights show some sick scoring hands (from 3 years ago) but every game I've watched of his, he looks like a bottom 6er that doesn't know how to protect himself.

Now that I think about it, I recall Patches running him over & the kid had to leave the game for a bit.

Maybe the time to move Glass was training camp when he looked slower than Reaves, considering they thought Stastny was too slow & Stephenson's speed was the answer to their prayers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad