Confirmed with Link: Glass for Patrick - UPD: Howden from NYR

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Patrick's hilights show some sick scoring hands (from 3 years ago) but every game I've watched of his, he looks like a bottom 6er that doesn't know how to protect himself.

Now that I think about it, I recall Patches running him over & the kid had to leave the game for a bit.

Maybe the time to move Glass was training camp when he looked slower than Reaves, considering they thought Stastny was too slow & Stephenson's speed was the answer to their prayers.

The issue is less of moving of Glass than the moving of glass for a broken down Nolan Patrick because the GM is still thinking about the 16 year old Patrick.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The issue is less of moving of Glass than the moving of glass for a broken down Nolan Patrick because the GM is still thinking about the 16 year old Patrick.

Says a lot about how they've managed Glass as an asset & as a player.

But it also tells me they're not afraid of players with injury history...so long as it's upper and not lower body.

On the bright side, Anderson is a great example of a player that bounced back once his injuries were behind him. Perron too, with his concussion history.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Says a lot about how they've managed Glass as an asset & as a player.

But it also tells me they're not afraid of players with injury history...so long as it's upper and not lower body.

On the bright side, Anderson is a great example of a player that bounced back once his injuries were behind him. Perron too, with his concussion history.

Josh Anderson? If so his most recent was ruined shoulders. He was also pretty awful in both the playoffs and regular season despite his hot start. Was irrelevant until MAF gave him the biggest gift in the world.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Josh Anderson? If so his most recent was ruined shoulders. He was also pretty awful in both the playoffs and regular season despite his hot start. Was irrelevant until MAF gave him the biggest gift in the world.

If Patrick becomes a useful, healthy, top 9 player, I'll take it.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I'm skeptical on that front. But just the deal as a whole. Worse injury history, worse performance. One is draft exempt. The only reason this deal went like this is McCrimmon blinded by 2015. Patrick has had big injury concerns as soon as the year after.

Overall it's poor asset management. If they're right I'll give them credit, but I'm skeptical and I think they're going to go out of their way to make it work and that I'm against.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If Patrick becomes a useful, healthy, top 9 player, I'll take it.

I would too I just think Glass is closer to that goal if he got a bit of belief from the organization.

Considering how disappointing Glass was last season, it is worrying that Patrick was pretty much twice as disappointing and has health concerns on top of it.

But I'd still be okay with it if it felt like more even value. I hold out hope there may be more to the deal somehow after the expansion draft that would count as more value to us, a pick, retention in a trade or something rather than straight up.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I would too I just think Glass is closer to that goal if he got a bit of belief from the organization.

Considering how disappointing Glass was last season, it is worrying that Patrick was pretty much twice as disappointing and has health concerns on top of it.

But I'd still be okay with it if it felt like more even value. I hold out hope there may be more to the deal somehow after the expansion draft that would count as more value to us, a pick, retention in a trade or something rather than straight up.

Flyers were pretty much an abomination defensively, and Patrick was pretty much by far the worst.

Came out he wants more money too, so not like they're saving on that front.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

The value here is absolutely horrendous, especially since on the Flyers he was almost certain to be taken by Seattle.

I just hope they did their homework after the trade was rumored at the deadline. McCrimmon didn't just sign Thompson because he coached him in juniors, after all.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
A Flyers fan's thoughts on Patrick: I still think he could end up a top 6 player. He has had 2 half-season's worth of legit 2C play. He's a smart skilled guy, with great hands and solid playmaking ability. This will be his first off-season ever where he'll be healthy and able to properly train, so I'm curious to see how that impacts his play. My major concern is that while Patrick has a good shot, he is still almost never in a position to get it off at the NHL level after 3 seasons. His playmaking dried up last year as well, but that may have been related to a lack of confidence after missing a whole season. He's inconsistent along the walls; some games he seems ready to be dominant but then will follow that up with stretches where he seemingly can't win a single puck battle. It would not surprise me at all if he worked out for you guys though.

Reactions: theslatcher

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A Flyers fan's thoughts on Patrick: I still think he could end up a top 6 player. He has had 2 half-season's worth of legit 2C play. He's a smart skilled guy, with great hands and solid playmaking ability. This will be his first off-season ever where he'll be healthy and able to properly train, so I'm curious to see how that impacts his play. My major concern is that while Patrick has a good shot, he is still almost never in a position to get it off at the NHL level after 3 seasons. His playmaking dried up last year as well, but that may have been related to a lack of confidence after missing a whole season. He's inconsistent along the walls; some games he seems ready to be dominant but then will follow that up with stretches where he seemingly can't win a single puck battle. It would not surprise me at all if he worked out for you guys though.

How many top prospects have missed this amount of time & gone on to be NHL stars? They tend to simplify their games for fear of time running out.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
Question- I know he hasn't played a game for you yet but would you guys be interested in trading NolanPatrick to the Rangers for C- Ryan Strome and D- Zach Jones ? Would that work or would some money have to come back?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Question- I know he hasn't played a game for you yet but would you guys be interested in trading NolanPatrick to the Rangers for C- Ryan Strome and D- Zach Jones ? Would that work or would some money have to come back?

Remember what William Karlsson did in 2017? The odds of that happening were not as high as Patrick doing the same thing next season.

Besides, there is no way McCrimmon is letting Patrick go before he sees what he can do in another situation. He didn’t make sure Glass was ineligible for the ED just so he could acquire Patrick and trade him away for Strome I don’t think, adding salary in the process.

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad