glad to see they brought back the "spell your name" commercial

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
It just occurred to me that Gretzky and Yzerman both say zee instead of zed. Traitors.

I listened for this when I was watching the last Jets game and the Canadian broadcast has 'zed' in it.

m.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Why does whoever it is 0:37 make that weird face?

That's Phil Esposito and that's just his personality... Seems like he wanted to add a little flourish after spelling his name as if to say "that's all there is too it".

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
I listened for this when I was watching the last Jets game and the Canadian broadcast has 'zed' in it.

m.
Ah I mute the commercials so I guess I missed that. Well played NHL, you've foreseen my petty complaints.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
you'd think he is your girlfriend, considering how mad you are about me saying this

he is not a recognizable face around the league especially with newer fans, most people didn't know that was him in the commercial

he is not in the league of the other players in the commercial, and he did not have a memorable cup run hence me saying he doesn't belong

If you think Selanne doesnt belong , you're not grasping the point of the commercial.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
I think it's a pretty crummy commercial to be honest. You have all those hall of fame players and the best you can come up with is having them spell their own names? Why would you ever ask a hockey player to spell anything? Most of these guys wouldn't be able to spell their name correctly if it hadn't been sewn onto their sweaters for 20 years, especially factoring in age and concussion histories. The only thing that could save this ad is if Bobby Clarke asks a judge to use his name in a sentence, and then passes out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad