glad to see they brought back the "spell your name" commercial

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Those The Chance will never come again intros where my favorites. I like the ones in the OP as well.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
I see we're not allowed to speak out about domestic abusers. Thanks mods!:help:

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Selänne never seemed like the brightest dude out there, but apparently he can't even spell his own name out. :sarcasm:

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
For anyone who can't watch the video, here's the transcript:

"L e m c r o k e o n H U L L M e s s g r e t z k y f e d o u r k e r o y z e l i d s i t o T r o t t i e r T o e w s b r o d a a n n e O r r"
Brodenaanneorr was one heck of a player! But I'd take Lemcrokeon over him I think.

Reactions: LiveeviL

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I thought this thing was kind of silly when I first saw it last year, now I think it's awesome and i'm happy they brought it back

I think selanne is out of place, they should've used scott stevens, scott neidermayer, joe sakic, or jagr instead

L - E - M

C - R - O

sends a chill down my spine it's that good

How is Selanne out of place? Serious question

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
How is Selanne out of place? Serious question

for a few reasons

he is not a Stanley cup legend, he didn't have a memorable performance in the playoffs to win the cup and at that point I would say he was the old guy just hanging on for a ring

he is a hall of famer, but not an all timer like the other guys in the commercial

like I said sakic, stevens, or neidermayer would've been better choices they have more cups and they have the conn smythe trophies too

jagr would've been a better choice too because he had a far more memorable career, plus more cups even though he won them as a role player

like I said I think he was really out of place among those guys, you could say he's better than a guy like toews but he has 3 rings as captain and one of the more well known players today, plus a smythe

only duck fans think of the cup and selanne

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
for a few reasons

he is not a Stanley cup legend, he didn't have a memorable performance in the playoffs to win the cup and at that point I would say he was the old guy just hanging on for a ring

he is a hall of famer, but not an all timer like the other guys in the commercial

like I said sakic, stevens, or neidermayer would've been better choices they have more cups and they have the conn smythe trophies too

jagr would've been a better choice too because he had a far more memorable career, plus more cups even though he won them as a role player

like I said I think he was really out of place among those guys, you could say he's better than a guy like toews but he has 3 rings as captain and one of the more well known players today, plus a smythe

Selanne's success was shared with all Winnipeggers as well. We love the guy!

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
And to think, with all those great moments and great names in those commercials we are about to add Tom Wilson to the list.

Seems wrong, huh?

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
Selanne's success was shared with all Winnipeggers as well. We love the guy!

so his success is celebrated by two of the most irrelevant hockey towns in the league LOL

he absolutely does not belong in that commercial, in fact there is a shortened version where he isn't in it which makes me think the producers came to realize that

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
so his success is celebrated by two of the most irrelevant hockey towns in the league LOL

he absolutely does not belong in that commercial, in fact there is a shortened version where he isn't in it which makes me think the producers came to realize that

It was a special moment ending their cup run. Jeez, you'd think he stole your girlfriend or something. Teemu is well liked and only retired recently, perhaps it's because they want newer fans seeing the commercial to recognize some of the players. Hence, Toews.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
It was a special moment ending their cup run. Jeez, you'd think he stole your girlfriend or something. Teemu is well liked and only retired recently, perhaps it's because they want newer fans seeing the commercial to recognize some of the players. Hence, Toews.

you'd think he is your girlfriend, considering how mad you are about me saying this

he is not a recognizable face around the league especially with newer fans, most people didn't know that was him in the commercial

he is not in the league of the other players in the commercial, and he did not have a memorable cup run hence me saying he doesn't belong

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
you'd think he is your girlfriend, considering how mad you are about me saying this

he is not a recognizable face around the league especially with newer fans,

Selanne? He's very recognizable - what is wrong with you? Did you know, um, that he was a pretty good player? :huh: :laugh:

most people didn't know that was him in the commercial

link? LOL

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Too bad they are taking all the older players names off the cup because they don't have enough space. That was my 1st thought when i saw that commercial.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
for a few reasons

He had 16 more points in the regular season than the next guy on the team :laugh:

Also had 322 points in 410 games after the SC run. So hardly hanging on for a ring...

Reactions: SavedByRoy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad