Recalled/Assigned: Givani Smith Recalled from taxi squad

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Like this move giavani should help the 4th line with a physical presence and maybe the PP as a net front guy

Reactions: mantha39

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Love me some Givani.

I remember when this forum was down on Bertuzzi before he really made an impact in Detroit. Not saying Givani will have that impact but I think he's a more skilled player than people give him credit for.

Reactions: William Rusco

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Love me some Givani.

I remember when this forum was down on Bertuzzi before he really made an impact in Detroit. Not saying Givani will have that impact but I think he's a more skilled player than people give him credit for.
Is Smith going to play on 4th line and Nielsen sits.?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Love me some Givani.

We shall see. He hasn't put up nearly the amount of production Bert did, but he could surpass expectations you're right.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
And people don't want to put any blame on the coaching staff... :D :popcorn:

well, Blashill didn't sign all of these guys.

Depends on the kid you're talking about, but I'll take Smith over Nielsen or Gagner for sure.

We don't get to see Seider for quite awhile, that sucks. I wouldn't mind seeing Rasmussen, Smith, and Svech getting more playing time right now. Zadina is off the ice again.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Zadina-Rasmussen-Ryan
Namestnikov-Fabbri-Svechnikov
Smith-Glendening-Brome

Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Staal-Merril

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
well, Blashill didn't sign all of these guys.

We don't get to see Seider for quite awhile, that sucks. I wouldn't mind seeing Rasmussen, Smith, and Svech getting more playing time right now. Zadina is off the ice again.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
Zadina-Rasmussen-Ryan
Namestnikov-Fabbri-Svechnikov
Smith-Glendening-Brome

Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Staal-Merril
Confused by your post. Are you saying Zadina did practice with the team today, then left the ice?

You have him in the line-up, is that for practice and/or tomorrow?

I thought w/C-19 protocol they had to be quarantined?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Confused by your post. Are you saying Zadina did practice with the team today, then left the ice?

You have him in the line-up, is that for practice and/or tomorrow?

I thought w/C-19 protocol they had to be quarantined?

sorry, it's just what I'd like to see as an every day thing but we don't get for various reasons. I just have a hard time building enthusiasm to see Flip, Nielsen, Helm, Gagner, etc. from day to day.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
sorry, it's just what I'd like to see as an every day thing but we don't get for various reasons. I just have a hard time building enthusiasm to see Flip, Nielsen, Helm, Gagner, etc. from day to day.
No worries, I overthought it. Overthunk it, overanalyzed & overcontemplated it. Phew, that was a close call, now I'm over it. :naughty::laugh::skeptic:

Reactions: Winger98

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
But he absolutely chooses who goes into the lineup and who goes back and forth to the taxi squad.

Thinking that Nielsen, Erne, Filppula, Staal, etc are better than the kids "who just need a chance" is not on Yzerman, or even Holland.

What's the point? Adding Smith doesn't win you any more games. And you're paying most of those people more.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Frustrating season to be a Wings fan. Wish we could at least see the kids played more.
Blashill needs a new contract. You think he gives a shit about playing kids? If Yzerman extends him for for another three years I'm sure he'd be more than ok giving some kids a look..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad