Injury Report: Giroux: Lower body injury, reported as ankle or foot (played Nov. 19)

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Been following Twitter all day...and I must say, I never considered myself an Eskin fan but seeing him humiliate the Flyers beat writers was priceless. Timmy and Carchidi have not shut up for hours...they are clearly pissed off (especially bc both of them were dissing Eskin earlier).

If G and Laughton play tonight I will be so happy. If anything, all this chaos led to Laughton getting a shot...which he deserves.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Been following Twitter all day...and I must say, I never considered myself an Eskin fan but seeing him humiliate the Flyers beat writers was priceless. Timmy and Carchidi have not shut up for hours...they are clearly pissed off (especially bc both of them were dissing Eskin earlier).

If G and Laughton play tonight I will be so happy. If anything, all this chaos led to Laughton getting a shot...which he deserves.

I read on Twitter that the Eagles & Flyers use the same doctors hence why Eskin is usually pretty good with injury related Flyers news.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think giroux wanted out of that "team event" with the fans and faked an injury and now he is good to go. smart move claude smart move.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
After all this drama it seems like it's similar to when Akeson blocked a shot in a game earlier this season, but was fine in a couple of days.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Was reported Akeson was gonna take G s spot on 1st unit, any chance he gets a shot to run the second unit if G plays ?

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Injured? Me? lol
CLaude-Giroux.jpg

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If that is the case, id make every player put those plastic covers on this is getting ridiculous and it all started with JVR and that injury led to his trade.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
If that is the case, id make every player put those plastic covers on this is getting ridiculous and it all started with JVR and that injury led to his trade.

Carter before that as well! He actually wore skateguards (I think he was one of the first it the NHL to) for a while but now does not anymore, Doughty wore them for a while as well but has taken them off as well.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's more important that they all wear visors in practice. One unlucky deflection and there goes an eye.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think the whole injury thing was a cunning ploy by Giroux:

He got fed up of the Flyers icing ~2 AHL forwards each game.

Feigns injury knowing Laughton is the 1st call up option.

When Laughton is sure to play phones the staff 'I'm fine now.' Knowing that Laughton will outplay half the forwards on the roster making it hard for them to send him back down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad